Dean Cadillac - STUPID deal! Should I?

I would buy a fx pedal made in the USA, not spend it on a guitar made korea...yeah, I didn't capitalize it for a reason.

exo-metal":300rneed said:
I would buy a fx pedal made in the USA, not spend it on a guitar made korea...yeah, I didn't capitalize it for a reason.

I've played many Korean guitars that rival USA's. Top-shelf Schecters, ESP's, and some of the Korean PRS's come to mind.

Sure looks sexy! Tempting at that price. Mahogany, 3/4 scale, bound neck, gold hardware. Should sound good n Thick

napalmdeath":2e43k2nf said:
exo-metal":2e43k2nf said:

I've played many Korean guitars that rival USA's. Top-shelf Schecters, ESP's, and some of the Korean PRS's come to mind.
Only because the plek machinery, these are not made from killer tonewoods. If u want that in the arsenal and quality doesn't do it for you who am I to say but you asked...
I have to add that the best neck I've ever played was on an American made caddy. The V-shaped neck on this particular guitar was superb. I have yet to play anything that came close on a electric guitar.

-there's a reason the old American Dean's still bring $3000+
-I'd take a Korean built guitar over any other Asian country, any era.

I heard Korean wood doesn't sound as good as American wood, unless they're using the 2000 year old sunken logs, but I think those are reserved for the Korean Custom Shop. Talk about tone wood!

Beyond Black":bwpccl11 said:
napalmdeath":bwpccl11 said:
sg guy":bwpccl11 said:
Me too.
Over a Japanese guitar? Not this guy...

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I've played plenty of Korean guitars that were really good, but anyone who is familiar with 70s and 80s guitars made at the legendary Matsumoku guitar factory, not to mention pretty much anything made by Yamaha, and plenty of other Japanese manufacturers will most likely agree that you'd be hard pressed to beat them.

ZEEGLER":oaokg5dk said:
Beyond Black":oaokg5dk said:
napalmdeath":oaokg5dk said:
sg guy":oaokg5dk said:
Me too.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I've played plenty of Korean guitars that were really good, but anyone who is familiar with 70s and 80s guitars made at the legendary Matsumoku guitar factory, not to mention pretty much anything made by Yamaha, and plenty of other Japanese manufacturers will most likely agree that you'd be hard pressed to beat them.
I've got a couple of Bacchus guitars and they're some of the best guitars I've owned, for too good to be true prices.

-I'm an old man, I've had a couple ibanez guitars from the mythical golden age known as the LAW SUIT ERA{Artist, Destroyer & Iceman}and like any urban legend the facts soon disappear... those guitars were alot better than anything else Japan had made but I didn't /don't know anyone who would trade there Gibson Les Paul for one... By today's standards those guitars were "jap-crap"....

-just my opinion, that's all..

Beyond Black":2eqqsdsq said:
napalmdeath":2eqqsdsq said:
sg guy":2eqqsdsq said:
Me too.

True, I'd take anything out of the FujiGen factory over anything Korean. But, I owned a couple Koreans that rivaled Fujigen quality.

Back