Finished My Album (80s AOR Synthwave)

ghosty999

Finally got my album done! After months of waiting on flaky band members being let down... I decided to just do the album myself. It's a departure from my usual hard rock stuff, aiming more for a 80s movie sound. Written, recordered, performed, mix and mastered by myself.

Rig 1: Gallien Kreuger ML250 with SM57
Rig 2: JMP-1 with IntelliFX to cab impulses
Rig 3: (solos:) ADA MP-1 to cab impulses

Keyboards: Mainly the Roland JV-1080 and Nexus

Guitars: Jackson Dinky, Charvel San Dimas

https://open.spotify.com/album/0i7vCe1I ... t5ndW9taHg

https://artaxuk.bandcamp.com/releases

https://itunes.apple.com/album/id/1380409985

:rock:

Nice work - some diversity here and I appreciate it. I can also appreciate taking the project and doing ti yourself. Good for you. Old school cats complain that Pro tools etc ruined the music industry but all it did was make it more accessible for people to create their own music and realize their own ideas. Thank you for posting!

legend71":1ftx63ti said:
Nice work - some diversity here and I appreciate it. I can also appreciate taking the project and doing ti yourself. Good for you. Old school cats complain that Pro tools etc ruined the music industry but all it did was make it more accessible for people to create their own music and realize their own ideas. Thank you for posting!

Much appreciated dude, sadly other people seem to like the idea of making music over actually making it. You're totally right about ProTools etc, it removed the pay-wall that blocked so much creativity

Wow!! That is so impressive!! I am a huge fan of the current synth wave scene (Lebrock are my fav!) and your work is right up there with the best. Really top-shelf quality mate. I will be adding this to my collection. Great job!!

Can't go wrong with the old GK stuff, the JMP-1, or the MP-1!

Awesome! I assume you used your Mackie Onyx Blackjack as the interface?

(it was your suggestion that lead me to one, and my recordings are so good now!!)

Your vocals remind me of Rob Moratti a bit. Good stuff. Although I love all metal, people on here know I love the AOR stuff as well. Some of the vibes on here also remind me of H.e.a.t. I just listened to the whole thing...dig it

Man your stuff is always great and so damn catchy. Chase Me will be stuck in my head all day now, and I'm not mad about that haha. Any chance you'll be putting the album on Google Play Music?

McLeanAB":2dio5izn said:
Can't go wrong with the old GK stuff, the JMP-1, or the MP-1!

Awesome! I assume you used your Mackie Onyx Blackjack as the interface?

(it was your suggestion that lead me to one, and my recordings are so good now!!)

I'm glad you like yours! I moved onto a Scarlet rack interface as I had wayyy too many inputs for the wee Mackie, still a killer unit though.

XSSIVE":2g782tyd said:
Man your stuff is always great and so damn catchy. Chase Me will be stuck in my head all day now, and I'm not mad about that haha. Any chance you'll be putting the album on Google Play Music?

Much appreciated bro!
Sadly not but the bandcamp link will give you the ability to buy the whole thing with a bonus track for 5$ using PayPal and you get the FLAC/WAVs

You did a great job of catching that 80's sound, love the layered guitars and the vocals are great for the style too. So many little nods to the era it is really cool. The keys sound terrific too!

Ok I am on Light of Day and I LOVE it so far! Production is fantastic and as said above, yeah man you nailed the vibe of that era for sure.

Love it, well done, loving the new synthwave stuff, with FM84 and The Midnight being my faves.

Here is where it was all made!

156buih.jpg

Wow dude that is impressive work. You totally managed to capture the spirit and feel of as you put it "80s movie sound". Any of those songs could have been on say the Top Gun soundtrack etc. Well executed, I feel like I just traveled back in time. :thumbsup:

Holy crap man, that sounds great!! You really did capture that 80s sound! Love it!

The mastering, etc. sounds great too. Do you use Pro Tools?

Back