New Balaguer Guitars online guitar builder!

I am VERY close to ordering semi-custom Archetype.

I’ll probably put in a call with a few questions, but I’ll post them here too:

What is typical wait time?

I only want one volume knob....no tone. Is that possible?

Can you get Jumbo frets?

I tried posting my mock ups, but get a message that my board attachment quota has been reached even though I don’t have any. I checked my profile.

Nitrobattery":28rozy7k said:
Well this is a hoot.

wtKfRkv.jpg

Oh man, LOVE THAT!

mctallica1":38hhtx4x said:
I am VERY close to ordering semi-custom Archetype.

I’ll probably put in a call with a few questions, but I’ll post them here too:

What is typical wait time?

I only want one volume knob....no tone. Is that possible?

Can you get Jumbo frets?

I tried posting my mock ups, but get a message that my board attachment quota has been reached even though I don’t have any. I checked my profile.
His standard fret wire is stainless and Med/Jumbo. Wait time is about 4-5 months. When using the editor, under “Controls” there’s a custom option. You just type you only want one volume or any other specific detail.

This is the one I'd like - though probably with with no tone knob as well. I have been seriously thinking of building a Suhr Modern with a similar look (if the wait wasn't so long I may have already ordered it), but I could almost buy 3 of these for the same price. How close are these to something like an old Ibanez RGA 121 in terms of feel/build quality?

sDwp37Lh.jpg

mhenson42":3jxiyl4b said:
This is the one I'd like - though probably with with no tone knob as well. I have been seriously thinking of building a Suhr Modern with a similar look (if the wait wasn't so long I may have already ordered it), but I could almost buy 3 of these for the same price. How close are these to something like an old Ibanez RGA 121 in terms of feel/build quality?

sDwp37Lh.jpg
That I honestly can't say BUT I will say me Balaguer production model plays better than any of the new Ibanez Premier stuff and definitely feels of similar/equal quality as my Prestige.

I know they are made in Korea but man, fit/finish were damn near flawless when I got it. Fret ends were lovely. I adjusted the action and that was about it. As I have said in other spots (FB, other forums) it's my go-to for most gigs and even my demo vids. His Feral hum buckers are amazing and split really well.

FWIW I ordered my semi-custom over a Modern after having plenty of time with my production model, knowing Joe as well as I do and playing more of his guitars at NAMM. The guitars are really top notch.

Cool! These things are always fun when you can find them. This is pretty close to my ideal axe, too bad there are no LP junior or SG dual cutaway options:

Attachments

• My-Balaguer-Custom-Guitar.jpg
    My-Balaguer-Custom-Guitar.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,432
MetalHeadMike":24u9u1su said:
Balaguer":24u9u1su said:
Hey ya'll,

- I only offer 16" fingerboard radius right now, but I may re-introduce 12" as an additional option, which I was doing before I switched over to 16". We'll see.
- My Comfy C Neck Profile thickness is .800" at the 1st fret and .880" at the 12th fret.
- My Thin D Neck Profile thickness is .730" at the 1st fret and .790" at the 12th fret.
- My tuners are made in South Korea in the same factory Hipshot tuners are made, and yes they are locking and are 18:1 ratio. Hipshot only machines their bridges in the USA, tuners are in SK.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

\m/

12 would be cool, but a 12--->16 compound would be even cooler ;)

I'll more than likely be contacting you this year for a semi-custom. You guys in Conshohocken?

Sweet! Nah we're in Pottstown.

cardinal":35q1w3vn said:
Balaguer":35q1w3vn said:
Hey ya'll,

- I only offer 16" fingerboard radius right now, but I may re-introduce 12" as an additional option, which I was doing before I switched over to 16". We'll see.
- My Comfy C Neck Profile thickness is .800" at the 1st fret and .880" at the 12th fret.
- My Thin D Neck Profile thickness is .730" at the 1st fret and .790" at the 12th fret.
- My tuners are made in South Korea in the same factory Hipshot tuners are made, and yes they are locking and are 18:1 ratio. Hipshot only machines their bridges in the USA, tuners are in SK.

\m/

Any possibility for 8-string guitars and 6-string basses?

Probably not, but only because we really don't have a demand for either. I'm not opposed to doing 8's or 6's for basses if there were enough people interested.

Balaguer":2d6gyfwm said:
MetalHeadMike":2d6gyfwm said:
Balaguer":2d6gyfwm said:
Hey ya'll,

\m/

I'll more than likely be contacting you this year for a semi-custom. You guys in Conshohocken?

Good ol Pottstown :thumbsup: Grew up in Northeast Philly. All my family and friend are still there.

MetalHeadMike":1pf2fc5m said:
Balaguer":1pf2fc5m said:
MetalHeadMike":1pf2fc5m said:
Balaguer":1pf2fc5m said:
Hey ya'll,

\m/

Good ol Pottstown :thumbsup: Grew up in Northeast Philly. All my family and friend are still there.

Nice, man!

mhenson42":17ct1y3n said:

sDwp37Lh.jpg
Yep thats the one,out of many ! Going to have to look at the website for sure !

Back