Mesa Boogie Mark IIC++ Axe-FXIII (the model Metallica uses)

that did sound fantastic. That said, as a person who is very interested in the axe 3 and a complete fractal noob, I think I'm going to end up sticking with my amps. Option paralysis. I'd spend all day messing with the thing and not playing.

My time is limited and I just want to play the damn guitar.

Fordman65":1p7nszh4 said:
that did sound fantastic. That said, as a person who is very interested in the axe 3 and a complete fractal noob, I think I'm going to end up sticking with my amps. Option paralysis. I'd spend all day messing with the thing and not playing.

Exactly why I sold my Kemper at the beginning of the year. Too much tweaking time and not enough fretboard time at the end of the day.

I’m pretty damn happy with my EVH and KSR heads.

All he did in the video was pick the IIC++ amp model, pick a cab, add the standard Mesa EQ curve, dial in basic tonestack knobs & then added some reverb.

What's so hard about that, & why does it have to cause option paralysis :dunno:

OCD is a bitch I guess :LOL: :LOL:

Great video and helpful.
I agree, not too much tweaking at all.
This is one of the “nicer” things about the Axe III, less time tweaking to get an excellent tone.
Of course, I have spent my time creating my effects and learning a bit...yet the results are pretty frickin spectacular!! YMMV

Keep the videos coming, it’s always nice to see tips and tricks.
It has helped me personally to see how others have achieved their sounds and then I can use ideas in my own presets. Fractal has just raised the bar, AGAIN.

Fordman65":g2lb16gr said:

Or save yourself a lot and get an AX8. Sounds the same but you can't add as many effects or you hit the CPU limit. Or get a Helix and use 3rd party IR's then it sounds on par with Fractal and the UI is light years ahead it's not funny. You don't even need to read a manual or watch any tutorials with the Helix.

BYTOR":ldayifcy said:
All he did in the video was pick the IIC++ amp model, pick a cab, add the standard Mesa EQ curve, dial in basic tonestack knobs & then added some reverb.

What's so hard about that, & why does it have to cause option paralysis :dunno:

OCD is a bitch I guess :LOL: :LOL:

This is very true! I’ve spent very little time modifying any patches on mine. I just changed up the delay and with with usb connected it is literally a less than 20 second job to do. Very easy to use and you don’t have to change a lot if you don’t want to.

:rock:

PBGas":32z6bpoa said:
This is very true! I’ve spent very little time modifying any patches on mine. I just changed up the delay and with with usb connected it is literally a less than 20 second job to do. Very easy to use and you don’t have to change a lot if you don’t want to. :rock:

Yeah I agree, the "AFX is soooo complicated" narrative is way overblown. It's as easy or as complicated as you want it to be.

Having said that.....anyone who's a complete doofus or suffers from OCD, then I completely understand & sympathize :LOL: :LOL:

Back