Mesa MKIIc+ Longheads

There’s one for $6750... a DRGX on eBay right now. An absolute steal at that price. I’m shocked it hasn’t sold yet.

:LOL: :LOL: :yes: :D

I got one but you've already seen it. I only know of one other member here who has one and he has a great sounding clip on Youtube of it but he can post it here is he wants.

If I had the cash I would work a deal for the one on Ebay now.

Also the last fully loaded long head on Reverb sold for 5k. That's confirmed, I know some people here were arguing with me saying it was never sold but yes it was and I have the link proving it sold on Reverb.

Did u get it back from Mike, I can't wait to hear it. You know the only thing that beats having one is having two :yes:

I know someone who has had like 4-5 long head 2C+’s and currently has one in factory white (which has been ++’d). He’s had several Coli 2C++’s as well.

What is the difference on the inside between long/short heads? Are all the boards the same? Is it known how many were made relative to short heads? Was this just another option available or some sort of special request/custom thing?

Same board. The wide head brings the reverb control and the SC/ClassA switch up front. There are a few with the presence up front (reverb on back) that are the holist of grails. A few were delivered with the ++ mod. All sound the same though.

steve_k":75u3sncq said:
Same board. The wide head brings the reverb control and the SC/ClassA switch up front. There are a few with the presence up front (reverb on back) that are the holist of grails. A few were delivered with the ++ mod. All sound the same though.
Yup.

There are the occasional long heads that show up for reasonable prices....I was going to put a bid in on a long head DG with presence on the front, factory white last year. Loaded with Mesa STR 415 and 416 which are really rare. But I decided on a 2C++ instead for a little less coin. The long head sold for 3600.

But, it didn't have Reverb so it wasn't fully loaded. I always unplug my reverb, sounds better that way.

steve_k":33wp2xih said:

I had a Coliseum 3++ with the presence in the front and no reverb. That amp crushed. I brought it over to Rockin Chippys House one day and his jaw was on the floor. I played it after he played all of his boutique amps. Needless to say, he was pissed after hearing it compared to his amps. He thought I set him up playing it after all of his amps. :LOL: :LOL: The amp threw so much sound you didn’t even need to use the “pull deep” on the master. :yes:

steve_k":7yea7gce said:

This +1. The short and long heads sound the same. Mike B. @ MB will tell you the same thing. I asked him myself directly. Anyone wishing to pay extra $$$ for some magical long head mojo and elven fairy dust... go right ahead. Despite what any not so upstanding frozen pizza eating “famous” Marshall modding “techs” may tell you. I remember reading something about a fool and his money once...

:yes:

What about short heads?

Captured2006-8-2400000.jpg

Captured2006-8-2300002.jpg

Captured2006-8-2400001.jpg

Or a IIC++ combo.
IMG00162-20121114-2210.jpg

psychodave":13urexcm said:
steve_k":13urexcm said:

I had a Coliseum 3++ with the presence in the front and no reverb. That amp crushed. I brought it over to Rockin Chippys House one day and his jaw was on the floor. I played it after he played all of his boutique amps. Needless to say, he was pissed after hearing it compared to his amps. He thought I set him up playing it after all of his amps. :LOL: :LOL: The amp threw so much sound you didn’t even need to use the “pull deep” on the master. :yes:

Hey Dave, do you have any info about the amp you’re talking about? I may actually own the amp you’re referring to.

Wizard of Ozz":91e8docx said:
steve_k":91e8docx said:

This +1. The short and long heads sound the same. Mike B. @ MB will tell you the same thing. I asked him myself directly. Anyone wishing to pay extra $$$ for some magical long head mojo and elven fairy dust... go right ahead. Despite what any not so upstanding frozen pizza eating “famous” Marshall modding “techs” may tell you. I remember reading something about a fool and his money once...

:yes:
If you're talking about Mark he would agree with you that anyone spending 5k on a IIC+ amp is an idiot. He doesn't think they sound that great and are inconsistent amp to amp.

As for Mike B he seems fed up with the Metallica and C+ fanboys and just tells them what they want to hear, he wants Mesa to move forward as a company not focus on one model they made 30 years ago. He's been with Mesa for over 40 years he's become pretty jaded with the bedroom players. He said yes he knows Mesa secrets but he aint talking. I remember having this conversation with him in the lobby of Mesa.

The layout of an amp makes a huge difference in tone, that's amp building 101. So of course there is a difference in tone between short and long head.

If the market will bear 5k for a long head how is it a fool and his money? I sold my loaded head in 2012 for 5500, I wasn't going turn that type of money away. I thought I did pretty good till I saw other loaded long heads going for 5k.

I really don't see the need for personal attacks over a comment regarding an amps value or how layouts can effect overall tone. Maybe that's why fewer new members and older members are participating because they don't want to get mocked for the amps they own.

fretout":3u49ky1w said:
psychodave":3u49ky1w said:
steve_k":3u49ky1w said:

Hey Dave, do you have any info about the amp you’re talking about? I may actually own the amp you’re referring to.

I know who owns it. He lives in Texas and loves the amp. :thumbsup:

Back