Any of you folks take a peek into this guy?

Mr. Huge

Banned

Attachments

• TriAmp_Extended_en_neu.jpg
    TriAmp_Extended_en_neu.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 898
I had a triamp mk2.
Great cleans and in between sounds on ch1.
Nice crunch and rock sounds on ch2.
And great lead sounds on ch3. But not for heavy rythm stacatto playing like nevermore etc.
It was too smooth for that.
For my taste (boogie, fender etc.) it was cold sounding and had more of a generic sound.
A great amp for the touring musician i would say. It seemed to be very welt built too.

Thanks Cr for the brief review, much appreciated.

Yah, I figured as much. Either way one of my most favorite electric guitar influences and friend of mine swears by the H&KTM3 - Mr. Alex Lifeson with his sig version. And he told me its basically got his name on it but all the same (for the most part) a Mark 3. Alex's fingers produce the majority of the talking. Plus he dropped the active pickup minutia (as he put it) back in the day when he was struggling with sharing the similar register as the keys from Lee. In the end it was clear that the tone became more prevalent but didn't add to standing out in the overall band's mix. Therefore, he went back to the traditional humbucker.

I'll give it a whirl next week. The only show stopper for me (as I play through 2-4x12 cabs) is that its only output(s) that I'm concerned with are limited to (1x8/2x16)Ω and I'm not a 16Ω fan, 8Ω only for me.

Back at cha Cr!

WOW, no love for the superiority of German made products - particularly musical items (forget about the beamers)? "I pity the fool! . . ." :aww:

Alright, I know that the majority of you fine folks are most likely "neophytes" but come on now, expand your horizons a little bit. :)

Damn! No love for the H&K.
Well if anybody's interested, I had it for 2 days. I found it to be more useless bells and whistles. I realized I don't need n(n+1)! (where 0!=1) amps to be satisfied. So that was a quick read.

Anywhoyah, maybe this will lighten you fine folks up a little bit. One of them (and I'm not telling) is my little 13 y/y cousin. I taught her almost everything and she's still running hard.

Back