NAD: Mesa Boogie MKIII No Stripe/Black Dot DRGX

I hate that you guys are recommending those as they're damn expensive on the used market compared to the Celestions! :)

I need to sort through my current pile of speakers, but I don't think I have one around here anymore. I do have one coming in the MkIII combo, but part of my good price was that the speaker is damaged. I'll have to check it out once it gets here and then find a place to do a repair if that's practical.

Congrats!
I’ve talked in other threads about how my no stripe coliseum sounded quite close to my iic+ HRG, and once it came back from Mike B with the ++ mod it sounded better than my iic+ or any other mark amp I’ve tried. The blue stripe coliseums I had modded to ++ weren’t nearly as close to my iic+, but still great and keepers nonetheless. I’ve tried them all and like these early no stripes best. They’re the beefiest and most growly sounding ones. The blue stripe ++’s I have are a little tighter and brighter, which I like, but also a little more compressed and less growly/smoother, but they also have more sparkly cleans which I prefer. They’re all killer, but I like the no stripe best. I think if you have a no stripe and then either a blue or green stripe you’ll have the mark series covered well

Back