EVH head padded cover/bag?

peckhart

Loving the EL34 Stealth and plan to gig it for a while. The official cover for it that I can easily find is just a dust cover so that's not adequate for gig transport.
I really don't want a road case as they make it difficult to move.
So has anyone found anything between the two that works? I tried the Gator G-901 and the head doesn't fit because of handles and feet.
Something with adequate padding and wheels is ideal.

peckhart":3q3qfnfp said:
Loving the EL34 Stealth and plan to gig it for a while. The official cover for it that I can easily find is just a dust cover so that's not adequate for gig transport.
So has anyone found anything between the two that works? I tried the Gator G-901 and the head doesn't fit because of handles and feet.

Hi,

Gator makes or use to make a molded hard plastic amp head case with wheels and a handle. I used it on my Mark V, EVH 100 Watt, and Shiva. It should fit the stealth.

If you can't get one, let me know. I still have one and I am not using it. I am in So Cal and if I remember right, you are in the North East. Shipping might not be cheap.

4406cuda":1yo0ytoz said:
peckhart":1yo0ytoz said:

Hi,

Gator makes or use to make a molded hard plastic amp head case with wheels and a handle. I used it on my Mark V, EVH 100 Watt, and Shiva. It should fit the stealth.

If you can't get one, let me know. I still have one and I am not using it. I am in So Cal and if I remember right, you are in the North East. Shipping might not be cheap.

Yeah shipping hurts these days. Can you see if there is any model info on yours? I didn't see anything else on their site so I am wondering if it is no longer in production?

peckhart":xg0krcb8 said:
4406cuda":xg0krcb8 said:
peckhart":xg0krcb8 said:

Hi,

Yeah shipping hurts these days. Can you see if there is any model info on yours? I didn't see anything else on their site so I am wondering if it is no longer in production?

I am at work right now, but the model I may have is

SKB 1SKB-720 Guitar/Bass Amp Head Case w/In-Line Skate Wheel

This maybe out of production

4406cuda":2qrtkyip said:
peckhart":2qrtkyip said:
4406cuda":2qrtkyip said:
peckhart":2qrtkyip said:

Hi,

Ah, ok. I was looking at the Gator stuff.
So this SKB shows fits up to 30" x 12.5" x 14"
The EVH Head dimensions are 29.75" x 10.25" x 11.5"

The length is the concern as there are also side handles and i don't think that 29.75 includes those. I believe it is dimensions of the shell w/out consideration of the feet or handles. All that said, your experience is that the EVH heads fit in these cases?

peckhart":3a2ekeou said:
4406cuda":3a2ekeou said:
4406cuda":3a2ekeou said:

Hi,

Ah, ok. I was looking at the Gator stuff.
So this SKB shows fits up to 30" x 12.5" x 14"
The EVH Head dimensions are 29.75" x 10.25" x 11.5"

The length is the concern as there are also side handles and i don't think that 29.75 includes those. I believe it is dimensions of the shell w/out consideration of the feet or handles. All that said, your experience is that the EVH heads fit in these cases?

Yes, I had a 100 Watt head before I got a Shiva.

I can't say enough good things about my Tuki covers. I have a head and 4/12 cover for my Splawn QR/cab, and neither has a scratch on it. They've been loaded in trailers and I did a bunch of gigs with them and both are in mint condition. (sounds like I'm ready to sell..lol..I think I am..haha) I got a head and cab cover for my Mini Jubilee and 2/12, and I can say the same..these things really protect your gear!
http://www.tukicovers.com/

Back