How high do you like your string height?

SpiderWars

Just curious, I don't like it too low. I go by mm because it just seems to fit the scale better. I usually like ~1.3mm high E/12th fret and 1.5-1.6mm low E/12th fret. Which is like 3.3/64" high E and 3.9/64" low E (that's why I use mm).

As low as I can get it without any major buzzing. I play with a fairly light touch, though. I haven't measured lately; every guitar's a little different, too. I usually have the lower strings a little higher than the high strings so I can whack out a few good chords.

I shoot for somewhere around there too. Less than 1.5 mm but more than 1mm. There’s a point where the tone and sustain really thin out IMHO once it gets below 1 mm.

I use a 1mm pick as a feeler gauge on the 12th fret when I do setups. I try to set it up so that the pick can easily be removed, but won't fall out with just gravity. With a good neck, I can make this work with little to no buzz.

depends on the guitar imo.
I like about 2.0mm on the low E and 1.7mm on the high E (12th fret)
varies on the amount of relief I set on the neck as well. (Usually between .007” to .009” @ 7th Fret)

I’m not a shredder so I don’t like super low action.

Generally as low as I can get them then raise the E & B a bit. I like to get under those for bending.

I like 2.0 mm at Low E, 1.8 mm at high E.

I'm also really anal about having EXACTLY .35 mm of neck relief. Gotta busy out the LED workbench light and feeler gauges for that one :)

Back