Need Info on White Lion Vito Bratta's ESP strat.

I don't know if your ordering from ESP but if you find a dealer in Japan to do your order they will make it exactly like his old one including the Fender style headstock which they cant do here.

If you’re willing to drop Suhr custom coin, maybe just get the ESP custom. This way, it’s the real deal! That’s what I’d do.

Plus the Shur body and headstock aren't really traditional Fender style like the ESP in the video.

Or if you just want a Suhr than order it to whatever specs you want because it would be kind of pointless trying to get someone else's specs on a totally different guitar on a Suhr.

You could either go with Suhr, Schecter USA, and similar uber high end CS stuff. But you wouldn't get the Fender headstock, unless you go full custom (Schecter does the Masterworks series which is essentially anything you may want). But if you don't feel like the headstock is an important detail, you can find some used ESP Vintage Plus and mod the hell out of it.

Body wood should be alder, pickup a JB bridge (some say 59 tho), no idea about the single.

Had a VERY similar ESP back in the day and yes Alder body, JB pickup AND most importantly a 250k volume pot...otherwise it is all Vito just a monster player.

The guitar used to record Pride was a genuine 70s Fender with an ash body and a JB pickup and an added Floyd Rose. It was retired from live duty because of an issue with the Floyd stud moving or pulling out or something. Michael Wagner told him to never sell that guitar, it sounded too good. Interestingly, Wolf Hoffman's main recording guitar is also a 70s ash Fender with a Floyd and a humbucker. I believe Vito's ESPs are alder, but I'd get the northern hard ash body, get it from Curt at Chubtone.

Buy a Strat replacement neck with the specs you want and throw an ESP decal on it. That's the only way I see yo getting a Fender headstock shape.

Big Game was awesome too. I spend a large chunk of my college career learning that album. Wish I could still nail the Little Fighter solo, but it only happened a few times back in the day too.

mixn4him":39jok1xf said:
Had a VERY similar ESP back in the day and yes Alder body, JB pickup AND most importantly a 250k volume pot...otherwise it is all Vito just a monster player.

Or you can leave your POT a 500k and swap the magnet in your JB for an alnico II or just use a dimarzio AT-1 with a 500k pot which is voiced to more or less sound like a JB with a 250k pot.

Ultimately, Vito was one of a kind! so melodic with his own touch.. very hard to cop him. Too bad he hung it up so soon.

Injured his wrist and finds it painful to move his hand up and down the guitar neck" I know he took care of his dad but chops like that are to rare to just quit playing.

What an amazing player, though. One of my favorites and one of the most talented players of that era. I love the way he plays around the beat, sometimes holding back and sliding into it, sometimes bursting at the seams. Killer tone, too. I think he got erroneously grouped in with all the EVH-wannabes, but he was so much more than that.

Sorry I don't know any particulars about his guitars.

Back