Whats the craziest thing you've seen at a concert!!

Judas Priest at Lakeland civic center around 1983? People in the upper seats were throwing lit sparklers down onto the packed floor. I remember thinking at the time "Never again".

K-Roll":1nu384rw said:
has anyone ever seen a band called Rockbitch live? :D if you were lucky, you'd be picked from the audience, tied to a chair and jerked off while the rest of say 400 ppl are watching you :LOL: :LOL:
Sounds like that one punk dude who would shit on stage and then throw it at everyone while he was run-in around naked.

slyym":3p3hz5rc said:
K-Roll":3p3hz5rc said:
has anyone ever seen a band called Rockbitch live? :D if you were lucky, you'd be picked from the audience, tied to a chair and jerked off while the rest of say 400 ppl are watching you :LOL: :LOL:
Sounds like that one punk dude who would shit on stage and then throw it at everyone while he was run-in around naked.
G.G. Allin. Years ago a friend told me he bought G.G. Allin tickets and all they had left were the first couple of rows.

JimAnsell":1ius96qa said:
been to 150+ shows.
crazy stuff:
-Seeing a guy smoking crack right in front of me at a slayer show in the early 2000's at harpos in detroit.

-Lots of people getting their assed beat, faced bloodied, teeth knocked out in front of me at that place over the years.

-Cannibal Corpse 2001, harpos again. Plain clothed DPD officer (badge around his neck, gun in holster) throwing down hard in pit with the skin heads and whatnot.

-Dio 2001 Harpos agaaain. Dude just walking around the venue naked pretty much the whole night. no one did anything. was probably high on lsd from the looks of things.

-Pine knob sod fights. notably metallica 1998. had to watch my back for the first few songs in the pavillion because it was like raining these giant chunks of sod from the lawn. imagine looking behind you and seein what looks like 5,000 people under a nearly opaque cloud of flying grass and black dirt. a friend got so dirty with it, he caught a bacterial infection and had to spend the night in the hospital.

-Glen Benton of deicide threatening to kick my ass in front of the whole crowd at St Andrews hall in 2000 or 2001. its on you tube somewhere probably. I was filming the show with a camcorder from the front row, without permission. when his roadie pointed me out to him, he stopped the show, spot light on me, and he called me out :doh: :D The whole crowd was looking at me, yelling "kick his asss gleeen!". i was like 17. i just stopped filming and walked out.

Harpos.

I was at Cradle of Filth circa 2001/02 and watched a group of guys gang up on some kid on the middle disco level. I saw a bar stool fly out of nowhere and crack the kid in the skull. He dropped like a stone and was unconscious. The kids proceeded to kick him and soccer kick him and I saw another kid pick up the bar stool and was going to hit him again. Of course being Harpos there was no security anywhere near us. I looked at my friend and said, they're going to kill him. So I ran over and grabbed the bar stool out of the kids hands and stood over the guy on the ground, who at this point was laying in a rather large pool of blood. I yelled at the guys, you're going to fucking kill him!, and I prepared myself for the ensuing fight. Thankfully, they all waved their hands at me and walked back down to the pit. I sat the guy up and said, you need to get to a hospital. I walked him to the front and told the security what happened and they said, we will call someone, thanks. Worthless. I'm not sure what happened to the kid, hopefully he was alright.

Lollapalooza 1997 Dallas Texas, at what used to be called Starplex Pavilion, think its called Smirnoff, or Dos Equis Pavilion now.

Anyhow, there is a huge wall behind the green that separates the Pavilion from the State Fair grounds.

Tool is about to come on, and as soon as they do thousands of people start pouring over that wall from the Fairgrounds and rush the stage.
It was fucking insane, looked exactly like a fast zombies scene from world war z.

I took my Mom to see BJ Thomas at an outdoor concert one 4th of July.
He started singing “Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head...” and then it started raining.
My Mom was so happy she almost had tears in her eyes.
I thought the older lady next to us was about to toss her panties on stage. :)

Saw Metallica open for Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin / Master of Puppets tour. I was there to see Ozzy. I was vaguely aware of Metallica. My friend had a rough cassette copy that I heard a few times. So I'm like 14 years old, got second row tickets, center stage. It was in an arena and they had chairs on the floor area.The lights go down, first few chords of Battery ring out and the place goes nuts. Everyone rushes to the front. All the chairs go flying out of the way toward the back. Like as in hurled 10-15 feet in the air, 20 feet back.Everyone packs in front of the stage. I kind of got crushed then squirted out towards the back. I was in shock, never saw anything like it before or since.I was able to work my way back up front and pretty much stood in front of Cliff for most of their set. I think it was my second concert ever.

Not too crazy but very odd indeed. My girl and I were at a huge all day outdoor arena concert in Philly. Attendance was the highest in Philly history...105k or more. Anyway, there we are sitting in the blazing hot sun getting sunburned and waiting for the acts to start when this fat redheaded guy comes strolling up the isle without a stitch of cloths on heading for the concession stands. He wasn't in any hurry at all. His entire body was sun burnt bright red...'painful to even look at. We were like ... what the hell! About 30 minutes later the guy comes strolling back down the isle, again in no hurry, with his hands full of snacks and drinks and sits back down about 10 rows down from us.

AS IF IT WAS PERFECTLY FUCKING NORMAL! :doh:

1986, Worcester Centrum, Ozzy Ultimate Sin/Metallica MOP tour. First off, Metallica just slayed! Unbelievable performance! During the song ‘I don’t know’, Jake E Lee stuck his guitar neck out over the crowd during the solo. Someone grabbed it and pulled him ass over elbow into the crowd. His feet were all that stuck out from the mob of people. You could hear thru the PA everyone trying to grab the guitar; kinda like a weird Buckethead multi tapping technique. Bouncers quickly got Jake back up on stage. He tried to start back into the main riff, but his axe was miles away from being in tune. In a fit of rage, he took off his Charvel and threw it clear across the stage! It slid under the stage and launched into an ear piercing Kerrranggg! A 5 minute clap along with bass and drums followed. Finally, Jake walked back out and finished the show, all the while giving the people in the area of the front row that pulled him into the crowd the bird and royal stink eye! Wish that one was on video somewhere. I think someone here on RT was at this same show. Unforgettable!

rottingcorpse":3u0egqu7 said:
Watched Mike Scaccia die on stage at the Rail club in Fort worth.

Damn that is crazy. I wasn't much into Ministry but I LOVED Rigor Mortis.

Was seeing Devin Townsend in Glasgow, Scotland in an ancient venue. Parts of the building over 700 years old. Poor Devy's whole backline went down, laptop, amps etc everything, and the whole set was on track!

In true Devy fashion he got a little anxious and didn't know what to do. Glasgow folks are wild so we all started singing his songs/sports songs/scottish songs and he cheered up. Grabbed his acoustic guitar and started playing along. Around 15 minutes later the set was back up and running!

The craziest thing I've seen was at an RHCP show in 2006... The Mars Volta were opening for RHCP, but the singer (Cedric), was sick (my guess: nursing a wicked hangover) so he stayed back at the hotel while John Frusciante just came out and jammed with them for an hour. Was absolutely insane and the only time this has happened from what I gather.

Oh and also... summer 2007 Dinosaur Jr. was playing a show here in Toronto... opening act did this thing where they made pancakes ON STAGE DURING THE SHOW... and so I'm standing there in the front row and all of a sudden who walks up and stands right next to me, pancake and all? J FREAKING MASCIS!!! Guy was just casually up front chomping down some pancakes watching the opener. I freaked out, but played it cool.

white buffalo":80oxl2nn said:
The craziest thing I've seen was at an RHCP show in 2006... The Mars Volta were opening for RHCP, but the singer (Cedric), was sick (my guess: nursing a wicked hangover) so he stayed back at the hotel while John Frusciante just came out and jammed with them for an hour. Was absolutely insane and the only time this has happened from what I gather.

I saw The Mars Volta once, and I think they played one maybe two of their songs, and the rest of the time It was like one long jam room jam.
Kind of sucked since I was expecting them to play some songs I know. Haha

I saw two dudes kick the living shit out of two other dudes while waiting in line to see Extreme at The Channel nightclub back just before their first album was released. It was brutal, the two victors were on top of the two losers bashing their heads against the pavement in the parking lot... no clue what it was about, but when it was over the two winners just walked away and didn’t go to the show.

BrokenFusion":33mkhyl3 said:
Went to see Testament in the late 90's in a real small club. Strapping Young Lads were the opener. Their singer Devin Townsend jumped in the crowd and got in a fight with a fan, chaos ensues. The club owner shuts the whole thing down and tells everyone to get out. Me and my buddies see Chuck from Testament out behind the club by their van, we start talking to him. Chucks going on about how fucked up the night has been. To my surprise my buddy asks Chuck if he wants to burn one and he's like, yea lets go in the van. So there we are smoking a joint with Chuck Billy and a couple of the other dudes from Testament in their van behind a shitty little club in Jersey. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

1997? That was likely SYL's van. Testament had a bus. Stuck Mojo was also on the same tour.

Same tour different venue, DT verbally lashed out via song at club owners/promoter? at a converted strip club, absolutely hilarious. Of course all the locals didn't think it was funny at all. Door guard would not let touring crew out the rear door to vehicles/gear. Escalation and fight ensued between crew and locals in the backroom.

I was on tour with Sevendust and Taproot in 2009 we played in North Hampton, MA. While we were at our merch table and Sevendust was on stage we heard a bunch of screaming then a big crowd came running through the entrance area where we were with some bleeding. Some dude was in the pit with razor blades in his knuckles slicing people. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Back