Whats the craziest thing you've seen at a concert!!

slyym

Reading another thread made me think of this for some reason. Me and my friends went to a Pantera concert at an old Houston venue at hwy610 and 59 on a big hill. I think White Zombie was with them but cant remember. Me and my friends would always have a blast in the pit and whether we had a pit pas or not we always made it into the pit. It was are thing lol. Anyways these girls we knew came with us and one of them asked me to take her into the pit. She was blond and pretty hot. We get to the pit and get about 5 feet in and we literally cant move because it was soooo packed. We were getting knocked around a little and she ended up getting a little away from me and this dude from out of nowhere kneels down and rips the front of her pants open and starts trying to finger her for what seemed like a fucking eternity. I never fought so hard in my life to get to her but I wasn't moving at all. I was completely helpless. The whole situation really only lasted about 5 secs, 10 at the most. Something happened I cant really remember but we managed to break free and I felt so bad. I walked her back up to the top where her friend was and me and my friends went back down to try and find the dude . Never saw him again. My blood still boils when I think about it.

That’s awful. Guy belongs in jail. Years ago I always pleaded with girlfriends not to crowd surf because guys would get so handsy with attractive women, sometimes pulling off clothing and just assaulting people. I was just at a bigger, rowdier concert for the first time in a while and was somewhat shocked but happy to see that people seemed a lot more respectful of women around the pit and crowd surfing.

Funny thing thing is I've always seen girls in pits but I've never seen one get assaulted like that. It did happen really fast though and I actually don't think anyone else saw it. I don't even think that dude realized how close I got to him. Would have been lights out for sure!!!

been to 150+ shows.
crazy stuff:
-Seeing a guy smoking crack right in front of me at a slayer show in the early 2000's at harpos in detroit.

-Lots of people getting their assed beat, faced bloodied, teeth knocked out in front of me at that place over the years.

-Cannibal Corpse 2001, harpos again. Plain clothed DPD officer (badge around his neck, gun in holster) throwing down hard in pit with the skin heads and whatnot.

-Dio 2001 Harpos agaaain. Dude just walking around the venue naked pretty much the whole night. no one did anything. was probably high on lsd from the looks of things.

-Pine knob sod fights. notably metallica 1998. had to watch my back for the first few songs in the pavillion because it was like raining these giant chunks of sod from the lawn. imagine looking behind you and seein what looks like 5,000 people under a nearly opaque cloud of flying grass and black dirt. a friend got so dirty with it, he caught a bacterial infection and had to spend the night in the hospital.

-Glen Benton of deicide threatening to kick my ass in front of the whole crowd at St Andrews hall in 2000 or 2001. its on you tube somewhere probably. I was filming the show with a camcorder from the front row, without permission. when his roadie pointed me out to him, he stopped the show, spot light on me, and he called me out :doh: :D The whole crowd was looking at me, yelling "kick his asss gleeen!". i was like 17. i just stopped filming and walked out.

Late 1990's Slayer show at The Newport in Columbus. This a theater with balcony seating. Dude stage dove off of the balcony!

Around the same time I saw Metallica from the nosebleed seats in Cincy. Similar story to the original post but it was willing in the seat directly behind me. I was treated to a second show during the main show that night.

Not strange, but definitely not something you'd see these days (someone's online feelings will probably be hurt at me even typing this)...

Titty Cam (all willing participants might I add:)::Metallica/GnR 1992
Pre-internet was wayyy more, dare I say...FUN! :shocked:

Tommy Lee mooning the crowd after his drum solos was definitely unexpected as a young impressionable lad as well.

JimAnsell":3hoce5tt said:
been to 150+ shows.
crazy stuff:
-Seeing a guy smoking crack right in front of me at a slayer show in the early 2000's at harpos in detroit.

-Lots of people getting their assed beat, faced bloodied, teeth knocked out in front of me at that place over the years.

-Cannibal Corpse 2001, harpos again. Plain clothed DPD officer (badge around his neck, gun in holster) throwing down hard in pit with the skin heads and whatnot.

-Dio 2001 Harpos agaaain. Dude just walking around the venue naked pretty much the whole night. no one did anything. was probably high on lsd from the looks of things.

-Pine knob sod fights. notably metallica 1998. had to watch my back for the first few songs in the pavillion because it was like raining these giant chunks of sod from the lawn. imagine looking behind you and seein what looks like 5,000 people under a nearly opaque cloud of flying grass and black dirt. a friend got so dirty with it, he caught a bacterial infection and had to spend the night in the hospital.

-Glen Benton of deicide threatening to kick my ass in front of the whole crowd at St Andrews hall in 2000 or 2001. its on you tube somewhere probably. I was filming the show with a camcorder from the front row, without permission. when his roadie pointed me out to him, he stopped the show, spot light on me, and he called me out :doh: :D The whole crowd was looking at me, yelling "kick his asss gleeen!". i was like 17. i just stopped filming and walked out.
That's funny. I wouldn't want to be the dude that gets singled out at a concert lol. I would have ducked and crawled away.

Went to see Testament in the late 90's in a real small club. Strapping Young Lads were the opener. Their singer Devin Townsend jumped in the crowd and got in a fight with a fan, chaos ensues. The club owner shuts the whole thing down and tells everyone to get out. Me and my buddies see Chuck from Testament out behind the club by their van, we start talking to him. Chucks going on about how fucked up the night has been. To my surprise my buddy asks Chuck if he wants to burn one and he's like, yea lets go in the van. So there we are smoking a joint with Chuck Billy and a couple of the other dudes from Testament in their van behind a shitty little club in Jersey. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

BrokenFusion":3akj9ldi said:
Went to see Testament in the late 90's in a real small club. Strapping Young Lads were the opener. Their singer Devin Townsend jumped in the crowd and got in a fight with a fan, chaos ensues. The club owner shuts the whole thing down and tells everyone to get out. Me and my buddies see Chuck from Testament out behind the club by their van, we start talking to him. Chucks going on about how fucked up the night has been. To my surprise my buddy asks Chuck if he wants to burn one and he's like, yea lets go in the van. So there we are smoking a joint with Chuck Billy and a couple of the other dudes from Testament in their van behind a shitty little club in Jersey. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

Great story! And not a total bust, night turned out better for you guys than every other dang person in the club :LOL: :LOL:

As a kid, my sister took me the the Alice Cooper concert in Toronto. Alice cancelled at the last minute. Mayhem escalated.

We were way up in the nosebleeds so no issues like there was down below.....I remember that pretty vividly and was pretty scared as a young kid but we got out and went home safely.

Man those stories are crazy!

I saw GnR on the start of the Use Your Illusion Tour when Izzy was still with them. This guy was drunk or high up in the stands and kept saying weird crap about rainbows and unicorns, etc. and everyone was rolling their eyes wondering what this guy was on. During the show the same guy stood up in front of everyone with a bunch of toilet paper wrapped around his head and lit it with his lighter and his whole head catches on fire and he runs off. We were all dying laughing. LOL!

This isn't a really crazy story but a few years ago I saw Whitesnake and they all had "in ears". Well the P.A. completely cut out and all of the amps were running thru it. So we go from hearing the full sound to everything cutting out except for un-miced snare, bass drum and high hat. They have no idea that the sound is gone and are still posing and rocking out. We literally could hear cars passing the venue, people coughing, and bugs flying around. It was the weirdest visual ever.

2006 Ozzfest San Bernardio, CA.

Went with a couple of buddies, Got there before noon.
Parked the car, got out and heard some girl screaming.
we turned around to see what was going on, and this dude had her in the back seat of his pick up truck and was beating the living crap out of her.
We couldn't believe.

Before any of us stepped in, a bunch of people rushed over to stop what he was doing.
All I remember is this girl stumbling out of the car, totally bloodied.

There are some sick, fucked up people out there.

In 2004, I saw EVH pass out during his 'big solo' on stage. Non-stop feedback until the roadie killed the guitar. Does that count as crazy or par? :D

Mid 90’s. At a Yngwie show...this dude is flipping Yngwie off for several songs. Yngwie is finally tired of it and stops playing and calls him out. The dude stops. 30 seconds later after Yngwie starts playing again, he flips him off. Yngwie jumps off the stage, guitar in hand, and is kicking and punching the guy. Security rushes over and they take the guy away, Yngwie jumps back on stage and continues to play.

One of the funniest was seeing some no name band opening up for some bigger band. The lead singer is wearing a long shirt. During my their 2nd or 3rd song, the singer drops his pants. His shirt is covering his junk. Then he pulls up his shirt and starts to do a dick twirl. Everyone was dying laughing. Security rushes the stage and throws him out the side door. The band kept playing without a singer. Hahaha

PBGas":1pnuko2j said:
As a kid, my sister took me the the Alice Cooper concert in Toronto. Alice cancelled at the last minute. Mayhem escalated.

We were way up in the nosebleeds so no issues like there was down below.....I remember that pretty vividly and was pretty scared as a young kid but we got out and went home safely.

The guy at 1:36 in the jersey holding the folding chair was acting pretty tough until that cop came after him

psychodave":10lpoadq said:
One of the funniest was seeing some no name band opening up for some bigger band. The lead singer is wearing a long shirt. During my their 2nd or 3rd song, the singer drops his pants. His shirt is covering his junk. Then he pulls up his shirt and starts to do a dick twirl. Everyone was dying laughing. Security rushes the stage and throws him out the side door. The band kept playing without a singer. Hahaha

LOL!!!

-AEROSMITH late 70's New Years Eve, in the middle of the second song Steven Tyler passes out n'face plants-(i thought he was dead)-like the loser of a MMA CHIC FIGHT..he was out before he hit the floor & he wasn't moving, the band continues to play & The crowd gets quiet, waiting for someone to come out and help Steven Tyler-(some swear they heard gun shots and that Tyler was shot)-Joe Perry comes over & kicks Tyler twice! I don't mean tapping him with his foot to see if he's ok.. Joe kicked him harder than I would want to be kicked! The lights went down, a roadie walks out with a flashlight grabs one of Tylers feet, Joe Perry has the other one... and they drag him off stage.... Lights come up.. Show was canceled.. People get pissed.. Start throwing things... Then it happend... Stairway to Heaven is played over the PA , a mob comes busting through the doors from the hallway with Pepsi products, pop corn, cotton candy, pretzels, hot dogs and there still in the Christmas spirit and start giving it away & throwing it up to the waiting hands of people in the stands. & people cheer when someone catches something....Nobody leaves the place... People start pulling out joints & flasks from there secret smuggling spot & party... Thanx to general admission there are no seats on the floor just people.. A huge party goes on... The music is played all night, everyone had a theory on Steven Tyler's death & if AEROSMITHcould of become the greatest band ever, the mob would burst through the auditorium doors with there latest booty from somewhere & were always greeted with. loud cheers & were rewarded with everything from concert t-shirts to the contents of the paraphernalia ceazed by the cops when you were frisked coming into the auditorium... And no matter what time you left... It was was way to early because you missed something so cool that just witnessing it made you cool..

Some of these are great.

Idk if I have seen anything too crazy. I have seen several beatings by some old HC gangs back in the day. Have seen band guys stage diving from 30 ft rafters.

The craziest one for me however was at the first Maryland death fest, We were upstairs watching from above by the merch booths. There was a guy in a wheelchair in the middle of the pit for a while. Out of nowhere this guy came running up and did a straight up double footed dropkick to the guy in the wheelchair in the middle of his chest. Knocked him out of the chair, the guy was immediately swarmed by several people, beaten up a little and tossed out. Was probably the dumbest thing I have seen anyone do at a show.

has anyone ever seen a band called Rockbitch live? :D if you were lucky, you'd be picked from the audience, tied to a chair and jerked off while the rest of say 400 ppl are watching you :LOL: :LOL:

Back