NAD: (here!) MT15 Mark Tremonti head

Beyond Black":2oboju3b said:
bubbastain":2oboju3b said:
I forgot to post this here on RigTalk. Recorded a few days ago.

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/1515317 ... 30%201.mp3

Used a Sheptone Tribute humbucker straight into the MT15 hooked up to a USA version Jet City 212 with V30's. Guitar tracks have no eq or processing.
That was a killer clip and the tone was huge. Great job. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. The amp is killer. I'm really diggin it. A little back story on this clip. I recorded this clip with the volume very low. When I wanted to record my cat was sleeping about 6 feet away and I didn't want to disturb him and I didn't. I originally recorded it using a Sheffield 1200, and then the next day recorded it with a V30 with all the controls untouched. I have found that it sounds great with my Sheffield 1200's, V30's and Peavey JSX speakers.

Here is another. Problem with this one is I fucked up the mic position and didn't notice until i was done. I realized i had my cord had got caught on the mic and swung it out from right up against the grill to about 3" off the grill. I used a my Teisco (my darkest sounding guitar) tuned to B with a 16K humbucker in the bridge. So the volume was lower and the tone was a bit too dark/dull. But fuck it. I'll redo it later. I also lowered the gain a bit too.

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/9515318 ... 20%232.mp3

I got a demo from Sweetwater, got to play for about an hour today. Great amp, still dialing in, but not too hard to get good sounds. Sounds big, I like the low wattage big tube amps, nice that there are options that way now, should change the lunchbox model? The boost on clean channel is interesting, need to explore more, seems to add treble but not much gain? Playing through mesa 2x12 with volume at 9-10 o'clock.

Got a call, my amp came in today at the local shop... just got to work now, can't pick it up til tomorrow =/ Today is going to suck

It does have an impressive compressed "recto" sound to it from the clips I've heard. Does it do anything well other than that? I'm kind of interested in one.

John4021":1dzuwqe5 said:
Walked into Sam Ash today to get another Strymon delay.
Walked out with the Tremonti amp and a new Friedman
4x12.
Amp just kills through it.

congrats brother, want to try one of these...seems to be a little monster. Does it feel like you're playing a big iron amp vs the smaller designs?

Back