Maxwatt Hi-gain 50 any anticipation ?

hopkinWFG

Been hearing Mike Fortin has gone over to england to oversee the Maxwatt production... guess its been quite sometime from the first namm we heard early this year...

Wonder who has taken a step forward in ordering one ?

I’m curious if it is a 4 gain stage plate fed tone stack circuit like the Cameron Adrich... or an original design?

Damn ! I would love to own one ! This Hi-gain custom 50 should be the world tightest amp ever made !!!

The Natas was super tight played it several times, so worlds tightest amp might not be the goal with this one ..... Whats more interesting is that mean snarl it seems to have ...Sounds pretty thick too and yes tight bass is there also... !..!

cyphervox":jdhkllxy said:
Yes, I will have one.

Cool ! Did you personally played the Maxwatt Hi-gain 50 early this years namm ? Hows it like?

There still hasnt any good clips or good quality video demo yet ? I been thinking to down a deposit on the first batch thou...

psychodave":17rpe5fv said:
I’m curious if it is a 4 gain stage plate fed tone stack circuit like the Cameron Adrich... or an original design?

From the Maxwatt FB page...

Last week @Mike Fortin came by with the finished protoype of the Maxwatt Super-Hi Custom 50 amp. After considering the feedback we gave him, that we garnered from all of you at winter NAMM 2018, Mike has decided that this year's model of the Super-Hi will be a single input, 2 channel amp.

Basically, the amp has 2 gain channels, giving you a cascading 4 gain stage amp, with an effects loop. There are 2 master controls that allow you to utilize a foot switch to control between the 2 channels and select the various gains that the amp delivers.

The amp is the final version of the prototype as far as its features and how it will sound. It has now been shipped back over to England so that a proper faceplate and badge can be added to it to complete the aesthetic look.
The prototype amp will be available for demo at Musikmesse 2018 in Frankfurt April 11-14. Hall 9.0 Booth C20.

We are chuffed to be workng with Mike to bring you the best amps out there. Outside of his own Fortin Amplification builds, this is the first time an amp that Mike has modded will be a hand built, hand wired amplifier through and through, for every model made. Our Custom Shop amps are all hand built, hand wired point to point military spec at our factory in Doncaster, England.

We know you're all anxious to get your hands on one and our timeline for pre-orders should begin in about another 2 weeks. Once the Musikmesse show is done at the end of next week, our team will be back in England ready to build!! We also are not putting out a limited run. This amp will be available all year. As long as there is demand for it, we will build it.

Wait until you see what else is Mike will be developing with Maxwatt for other models of amps that will be sure to melt your face.....

Holy sheeet. Too expensive for my blood.

HiwattUKofficial":u26monvv said:
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys.

I will respond to all the questions above shortly, but first we have an ANNOUNCEMENT. (hopefully that got your attention)

We're exceptionally excited to announce that the Maxwatt Custom Super-Hi 50 (Fortin modded high gain) will be retailing at $3500.

We're also setting up a mailing list for the pre-orders. If you're interested please visit the Maxwatt facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/maxwattamps and send a DM with your name and email address.

Best,

Dave

hopkinWFG":1ke3jcph said:
cyphervox":1ke3jcph said:
Yes, I will have one.

Cool ! Did you personally played the Maxwatt Hi-gain 50 early this years namm ? Hows it like?

There still hasnt any good clips or good quality video demo yet ? I been thinking to down a deposit on the first batch thou...

Haven't played the Super-Hi in person, but I've been running some tight distortion pedals into my Reeves 504 and slaving it from my Gainmonster and Killer Kali's line out in attempt to recreate the tone. I've gotten close, but honestly this Maxwatt is the Hiwatt I've always wanted... I wish it also had a clean mode, but I've got that covered with the Reeves anyway...

Here's a new teaser clip:

https://www.facebook.com/killertonetexa ... 364383429/

More quality clips coming soon...

killertone":3bmp9gjg said:
Someone took my video and uploaded it to YT, eh? Not very cool. :thumbsdown:

I will be doing a full demo video that will be released in the next few days.

I’m the meantime I did a teaser video and you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/killertonetexa ... 364383429/

If you want to get pissed at anyone, get pissed at me. I ripped it from Fortin’s page and put his name in the title. It was strictly for this forum post and nothing more - even made it unlisted under the original post as proof. Since you’re the owner and not Fortin and Co. I can take it down.

glpg80":38p1m3h7 said:
killertone":38p1m3h7 said:
I'd prefer it be taken down since I am the owner of it. Thanks.

Not trying to step on any toes. Done.

I know you did it for good reasons and not to be a dick. All good. I just want my content to be mine.

Back