Need a switcher, what’s out there?

barryswanson

So I want to run up to four amps at once from one guitar. So ideally it would have some sort of balanced, buffered and isolated amp sends that gives all the amps a nice even signal. Rack mount with midi. Something like the Radial jx44 but not so expensive if thats possible. I have a voodoo lab GCX which I could probably use but I’ll get ground loop hums and phase issues as well as a major loss of dB’s. But yeah anyone got any ideas? I’d also like to switch between them etc. Basically like a Mesa high gain amp switcher but midi programable.

The voodoo lab amp selector is good value. Shame it’s not midi or rack mount and discontinued. I can always get my gcx to switch it but I’d have to free up some loops.

kruse started making some interesting stuff as well, i know ampete is the go to, but a similar product from kruse is like 1k less

Are you looking to switch speaker out signals into a cab or preamp signals into a power amp?

Something like the Mesa High Gain Amp Switcher only works with preamp signals.

barryswanson":1xc9w862 said:
I basically want to split my guitar signal to four amps which all have there own cabs.
Ah something like this might be what you are looking for:

Radial Headlight 4 Output Guitar Amp Selector

781d08-headlight-app-1-large.png

As mentioned, if you can find one, the Mesa HG Amp Switcher would work perfect for your application. I’ve had mine for years and it would be the last piece of gear I would ever sell.

Yeah it’s a shame they don’t sell them anymore. I ended up going a Mesa switch track because it can do three amp it’s buffered and midi controllable. I realised I can switch my fourth amp with my voodoo labs gcx which I only use for clean. It arrives next week. Looking forward to testing it out.

Back