Mesa K series

Exo-metal

I think it's time for another shot at a rare mesa thread, the K series MKIIC+ and please don't go off topic and post your other related killer machines. We know about those too...

... last one I saw up was the guy in Transylvania, Romania... Moldova... or where-ever...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Some heard this, some didn't....but a few yrs back in Mpls a lucky soul paid 1400 for a IIC+ Coli at a mom/pop shop. Turns out it was one of Prince's Purple Rain IIB colis that Mike B converted to C+ back in 84.

1400 for a C+ coli. SIGN ME UP.

The worst thing was, when I read that story on the Boogie Board I realized that I was in the twin cities around that time frame hitting up some pawn shops/smaller stores. Never made it to that particular shop in St Louis Park....
:doh:

exo-metal":3tltre2z said:
Wait, this is that amp?
No, that amp above that Wizard posted is an amp for sale on evilbay out of EU....he wants 6K for it I think. EU power though, You'd have to get a step trans for it to work here, or mod it.....
Prince had 2 C+ Colis for that tour. I'd bet the other is in Paisley Park..as part of the museum now...

exo-metal":3fh24ezo said:
I think u need another board to do that.
Yep. But, you can have Mike B do a loop mod to a 2B, adds gain and makes the loop usable like a C+. Plus another master volume on the back.
Still not a C+ though. Makes it tighter than the stock 2B.

Racerxrated":3m3b8jka said:
exo-metal":3m3b8jka said:
Wait, this is that amp?
No, that amp above that Wizard posted is an amp for sale on evilbay out of EU....he wants 6K for it I think. EU power though, You'd have to get a step trans for it to work here, or mod it.....
Prince had 2 C+ Colis for that tour. I'd bet the other is in Paisley Park..as part of the museum now...
I think you can mod it by rewiring the transformer taps inside the chassi.

This may be too heavy a hitter for most but the few here that have the mighty 300 I ask to hear from you and deliver a fatal assault to the lunchbox trend it so deserves...

I bought a 2C+ 1x15 combo on craigslist for $1800 and had it shipped to me. It had no graphic. I found a vintage coli headshell and converted it. Some guy offered me $3500 and I took it. The Mesa GEQ pedal came out a week later which I could have stuck in loop. Was a cool amp but I guess not cool enough to keep at the time.

exo-metal":3enj021c said:
Not a K series though. The eq in the loop is not the same and has been well discussed.
That 1X15 combo is a long chassis, so it very well could have been a Coliseum? Maybe Jason can confirm..
Very rare is the 1x15 combo in any form, II or III. Haven't ever seen one for sale. I had a Mesa Mark IIC brochure that came with the 2nd C+ I bought...it had all the options in a separate order form at the back of the brochure. C+ Coliseum combo was one. In a 1X15 box.

Mine was a 2C+ Coliseum 1x15 combo without GEQ. I should have left it as is but was an odd configuration

Back