ESP LTD MH-1007 EverTune? To buy or not to buy?????

FWIW I have the 6-string version with rosewood fingerboard. I absolutely love it! The Evertune bridge is bad ass. Many players dismiss it or think it's gimmicky. IMO it's another tool in the toolbox, but if I could only own one guitar it would have an Evertune bridge.

$1,100 is ok for brand new, but I'd shop for a used one and save a few hundred bucks.

Another thing to consider is you can order most any guitar at retail pricing through Evertune, and they will install an Evertune bridge with no extra labor cost. I'd have a look at their website, they have a good selection right now.

Unfortunately I have to get it new from Sweetwater cause I'm gonna put it on my Sweetwater card. Think its no interest for 2 years.

I bought 2 of these (1 at a time) from SW and sent both of them back. The QC was horrible IMO for a new guitar.

They both sounded great, the ET is pretty cool, way more comfy and easier to play than the TOM in my opinion. (I'm a Floyd guy) and it played well if you like the LTD neck. So if you can get past the QC issues or don't care about cosmetics by all means get the guitar. Apart from my issues it was a very solid guitar.

After two of them having the same issues I gave up on buying new LTD's. Even my SW rep declined to try a third time as the next batch they got he said was even worse and they sent back to LTD as defective.

The issues were the frets and the binding. The binding is the brightest white you will ever see however on almost every single fret end there was black paint marks or they almost looked like cracks. Was VERY noticeable and I could not believe it passed their "55 point" inspection. At the time they were on backorder and I believe there was no inspection at all.

There was also minor issues with the pinstripes near the pocket. Just overall a horrible paint job and binding issues that was unacceptable for me. Used, ok sure but not for a brand new $1,100 guitar. Some people said I expect too much but I don't think so. I bought my son a $70 guitar on amazon that was flawless cosmetically.

Anyway SW does have a great return policy so it is worth the chance if you really want it. Best case, I got a couple of bad batches and you'll have a pretty cool guitar. Worst case you have to return it. I just personally will never buy a new LTD again based from my experience. I would recommend getting a used ESP because they are way better guitars, even the neck radius alone is 10 times better IMO but I feel you on the SW card thing. I am in the same boat.

Anyway that is my opinion best of luck.

Edit: Also worth asking your rep for more pics of the binding sides if the situation I had would bother you to save some time. Also look at the close ups of the board, this is not an LTD thing this is just an Ebony becoming scarce thing but the board is not going to be black like the golden years. Most Ebony these days looks more like a blend of Ebony and Rosewood.

I looked at that same model when I was looking for my 7 string a few months ago. It looks incredible!

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a guitar with an Evertune system to try out first so I got spooked (I bend strings a lot and was confused by some of the things I read about how to do that with the Evertune). I ended up finding a used Schecter Merrow KM7 and that ticked all my boxes. I’d still like to find a guitar with an Evertune to test out though.

Bending and vibrato are the same as other bridges. You can lock them out if you want for tracking rhythm but you don't have to, just depends on how you set it. Pretty easy to figure out once you start playing with it.

Back