Bogner Helios Eclipse

Indeed. I’m interested as well. Seems this amp was made to order for many here.. shocked no one has posted about trying one???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

One guy here on RT flipped one immediately after getting it just a few weeks ago. Seems like he didn't even want to talk about it, its tone, or anything else. Weird.

I noticed an eclipse sold from Sweetwater was swiftly returned it seems too because they have a demo eclipse for sale, which is usually short speak for a returned amp.

Fitrocker33":ib4f1q26 said:
I noticed an eclipse sold from Sweetwater was swiftly returned it seems too because they have a demo eclipse for sale, which is usually short speak for a returned amp.

I'm guessing it's the guy who had it on here. Probably bought it on the pay plan and tried to sell it outright, and decided to return it. Found it odd it was for sale after buying it new just a week prior, rather than just returning it.

I have been scouring the interwebs for info on it and it’s pretty sparse. Kind of surprised more here haven’t tried one and posted also.

i want to see a demo bad but in the meantime prices are great for the 1st edition Helios I just scored one for 2 grand and at that price it's a killer amp very raw lots of cool tones ..aside from the switching which does not bother me I would love to have both models

Deanmachine":3af8we5p said:
i want to see a demo bad but in the meantime prices are great for the 1st edition Helios I just scored one for 2 grand and at that price it's a killer amp very raw lots of cool tones ..aside from the switching which does not bother me I would love to have both models

I’m waiting for the price to get a little lower. Then I’ll buy and mod it. lol

Fitrocker33":lq25bq3g said:

Buying an amp or guitar for full price on credit, and flipping for cash. Strange and not very smart.

I have one and got it a couple weeks ago. I love it. Have had both the 50 and 100 reg Helios amps. Also have the Goldfinger Super Lead. Both of these amps kick ass as did both original Helios amps. The Eclipse took me a few days to really figure out for my tastes. Once I did though it is awesome and so fun to play. I play it everyday and have to say it is killer. Really versatile and can be set up to be three different channels and all great in my opinion. The loop is also great and having a very simple foot switch is nice. Just channel 1,2 and 3 plus loop on and off.

I bought one and have had it for about 3 weeks. I personally think it is awesome. Clean channel is very good. Channel 2 and 3 can be set anywhere from a vintage plexi type feel to the ‘eclipse’ mode, which has a TON of gain. In eclipse mode with the gain knob dimed and the ‘bottom’ knob brought in to play on the back of the amp, I was getting some serious Pantera Chug! IMHO, backing down to Hot+ mode on the toggle switches on each of these channels brings out more ‘tone’, but it’s very cool to be able to keep channel 2 in Hot+, then go to channel 3 in Eclipse mode for leads. I think these do everything that the original Helios does and more. FX loop with level knob sounds fantastic. All around I think it’s a winner. I agree that it’s a bit of a head scratcher that there is not more chatter about these, but the release on it was delayed for months and I think Bogner May have got the iron too hot to early on this one. If you have a chance; try one out. Especially if you dig the original Helios. It’s sonic footprint is very much intact with the new Eclipse, you just get a little more options now with the Eclipse!

I had one of the 1st ones. And I believe I'm the one referred to earlier in this thread.

Then amp wasn't sold b/c I didn't like it. Much to the contrary. I was hit with a MASSIVE tax bill and toys have to be sold to stay in the good graces of the IRS. I can always get another down the road.

LanierP":1vhl2g40 said:
I bought one and have had it for about 3 weeks. I personally think it is awesome. Clean channel is very good. Channel 2 and 3 can be set anywhere from a vintage plexi type feel to the ‘eclipse’ mode, which has a TON of gain. In eclipse mode with the gain knob dimed and the ‘bottom’ knob brought in to play on the back of the amp, I was getting some serious Pantera Chug! IMHO, backing down to Hot+ mode on the toggle switches on each of these channels brings out more ‘tone’, but it’s very cool to be able to keep channel 2 in Hot+, then go to channel 3 in Eclipse mode for leads. I think these do everything that the original Helios does and more. FX loop with level knob sounds fantastic. All around I think it’s a winner. I agree that it’s a bit of a head scratcher that there is not more chatter about these, but the release on it was delayed for months and I think Bogner May have got the iron too hot to early on this one. If you have a chance; try one out. Especially if you dig the original Helios. It’s sonic footprint is very much intact with the new Eclipse, you just get a little more options now with the Eclipse!

I agree with all this!

Well, this is encouraging... I was a little concerned that the Eclipse would lose something that the original Helios had. If not, then the Eclipse is definitely interesting. Glad to finally be hearing some opinions on that. Unfortunately, there isn't anyplace close to me that stocks either, and certainly not both. Once these start becoming more common (e.g. typically in stock), I'm going to have to take a road trip... :yes:

I would love to hear a direct comparison clip, just out of curiosity. I don't buy amps based on clips alone, but it might offer some insight on the differences and similarities.

Would love to hear clips. I have been on the fence for a long while with the original Helios due to certain features but I think it's overall tone is amazing. If the Helios Eclipse tone is as good or better with better features then I may be in trouble. :D

Eric Steckel just posted another video clip of him playing the Eclipse on his Facebook page.

I thinks he’s doing the official Bogner demo as well.

Joe-TX":280rfzdq said:
Eric Steckel just posted another video clip of him playing the Eclipse on his Facebook page.

I thinks he’s doing the official Bogner demo as well.

Link ? As hard as it is to believe , I'm not on Facebook .

Back