Your favourite riffs that nobody talks about

VH4_BigRig

So everybody is always talking about the big riffs and songs everyone knows (Lay it Down, Unchained, Raining Blood, Master of Puppets, etc). But there are some real cool riffs out there (perhaps even by big name bands, just less popular albums or songs) that may go overlooked. What are some of your fav riffs that you don't think get enough love? Here are a few of mine!

Some awesome riffs so far! Well done folks.

I can't post clips from work but, the riff that starts at 3:44 in Mastodon's The Czar always grabs me. Actually, from that point on the song just ROCKS!

Many others but I will leave it at that since without sound, bah!

Maybe talked about here....but nobody in my house knows this song. I love to play some Loudness Rock and Roll Crazy Nights...killer riff that's one of my standards to jam at home. Saw them on the Thunder in the East, Tour in the West tour in 1985. They opened for someone I forget and were killer live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCpPpPCW4c

Playing the riffs of Seek and Destroy and some Cat Scratch Fever puts a smile on my face too.

Down- 'Stone The Crow'
Whitesnake- 'Cryin in the rain'
Disciple- '321'
Collective Soul - 'Precious'

....to name a few :)

I have loads..

Rainbow is a band as a whole that I think between Deep Purple, Sabbath, Dio's solo stuff, Rainbow gets forgotten. Riffs galore.

The simple solo in long cool woman by the Hollies

The bridge in the song "get it faster" by Jimmy Eat World will blow most people's minds. I don't care who you are or what you prefer, we can agree that this is an insanely well performed riff/part.

Before Opeth went all Jethro Tull they had a song called deliverance. The bridge in that song is absolute magic riff wise.

The main verse riff in a song called "aspirations" by After the burial is really great.

Suck my kiss by RHCP

I could go on for days.

Back