Floyd Rose Pro

mchn13

Anyone use these vs the original style? Was thinking about getting one for my old charvel to replace the old tired jt6. I like the way the fine tuners are recessed, which is why I kept the old jackson trem around for so many years. The fine tuners were never in the way, and was really comfortable for rhythm work.
Are they just as good? Also I see the German and Korean models have different spacing. Preference?

Thanks; Steve.

I find the Pro's fine tuners are harder to turn at that angle. Given the choice, I'd take OFR, but it's not a deal breaker.

One thing to keep in mind though is I THINK the JT6 has narrower spacing than an OFR. I once had a guitar that had it's JT6 swapped to an OFR, and the strings were a little too close to the fretboard edge for me. I put a JT6 back on and the problem was solved. That said, the German Pro might be your best option.

Just recently got a Jackson that I swapped a FR Pro into, and its great. As good as any OFR I have had. I haven't really noticed any differences between the two in terms of functionality or tuning stability.

Back