Tell me about the Marshall Vintage Modern..

napalmdeath

How's it compare to the DSL? How tight with a boost?

These have been under the radar, clips sound fantastic! More Plexi than JCM, with a nice crunch, and good amount of gain on tap. Right up my alley!

It's more of a saggy JTM type gain than the crunchy JMP type. Tightens up nicely with a TS-type pedal and still have just enough "give".

Great master volume, I think it's a PPIMV.

Had the 2466 head and it was meh to me. DSL is better to my ears. 800s above all...but I'd take a DSL over a VM. Maybe I needed a better boost pedal, as this was long ago like 10yrs. Nice features though, I think it takes KT66? If I remember right....

Dude have you spent any time with a dsl? I had to borrow one a few months ago when my plexi reissue was in the shop, and was surprised I’ve never given it a chance. I liked it way better than the Jvm I had, and was more versatile than my plexi.

mchn13":2pemo1br said:
Dude have you spent any time with a dsl? I had to borrow one a few months ago when my plexi reissue was in the shop, and was surprised I’ve never given it a chance. I liked it way better than the Jvm I had, and was more versatile than my plexi.

Owned 5 of them. 3 DSL50's, 2 DSL100's. Also owned the JVM205H 3 times. Great amps. I'm actually gravitating back to a DSL. One amp you can't go wrong with.

I have a friend who has used one of these for years.....
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Marsh ... 3937217.gc

He loves it. I got up and played through it at one of his gigs a few years back, sounded/felt good...much better than the 900s of the time. They varied on the power tubes though, if that matters to you...I think some ran on 5881s and some on EL34s. EL34s became scarce and unreliable at that time that amp was made.

Slash used one of some for a time (along with his older sig heads) before his most recent sig heads and the silver jube reissue came out...

Back