Heading to Red Rocks for Govt Mule on Friday...

fek

...staying in Colorado Springs most of the time but have a spot close to the venue on Friday. What else should I check out? I fly back out on Sunday afternoon.

fek":2yfy88za said:
...staying in Colorado Springs most of the time but have spot close to the venue on Friday. What else should I check out? I fly back out on Sunday afternoon.

That's NOT gonna suck!! :thumbsup: Cheers and enjoy

Saw Rush at Red Rocks in 2010.......Great place to see a concert!!! Really enjoyed Colorado as well..

fek":2cbnhk1a said:
...staying in Colorado Springs most of the time but have a spot close to the venue on Friday. What else should I check out? I fly back out on Sunday afternoon.
Awesome!
There's a bunch to do, in Springs I'd check out Garden of the Gods, very cool park of rock formations. Pikes Peak is nearby too. A few hours south of Springs and a bit west is the Sand Dunes National Park, giant sand dunes in the middle of nowhere. Lol. But it's cool nonetheless.
Have fun!

Racerxrated":6n4sqpjy said:
fek":6n4sqpjy said:
Awesome!
There's a bunch to do, in Springs I'd check out Garden of the Gods, very cool park of rock formations. Pikes Peak is nearby too. A few hours south of Springs and a bit west is the Sand Dunes National Park, giant sand dunes in the middle of nowhere. Lol. But it's cool nonetheless.
Have fun!

^^^ These are all solid recommendations! Also could check out the Florissant Fossil Beds. A lot of the CO Springs area is very beautiful, but very commercialized/touristy compared to a lot of other ares of the state. Sand Dunes NP is wicked cool!

One of the top things to do in the Springs area on my list though would be to visit Gsxrbusa's and play on his magnificent amp collection :D

Edit: Damn I forgot to say ENJOY Red Rocks man!!!! That is one of the best venues EVER!!! I saw Lamb of God there in 2016 and my hearing has never been the same since :no: Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity opened and the volume was perfectly tolerable, but LOG at that particular venue that particular night was the loudest show I've ever encountered. It was absurdly loud.

Post reminds me of back in the day. We used to party pretty hard and everyone knows the red lava rock used in peoples yards, well if anyone got outta line they would get thrown into the red rocks and that shit hurt. Most people didn't know what was headed their way when we started threatening getting thrown into the red rocks till it was too late lmao. Anyway I'm sure you'll have a much better time than anyone who crossed the line at our parties haha

I am back! If you have not gone to a show at Red Rocks, book one. Awesome venue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up not spending as much time in Colorado Springs as originally planned but did see Garden Of The Gods and had breakfast in Old Colorado City. Visited Golden, CO and the Coors brewery. The dunes and fossil beds didn't happen but I plan on going back and will make those a priority.

fek":ux3bb7cn said:
I am back! If you have not gone to a show at Red Rocks, book one. Awesome venue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up not spending as much time in Colorado Springs as originally planned but did see Garden Of The Gods and had breakfast in Old Colorado City. Visited Golden, CO and the Coors brewery. The dunes and fossil beds didn't happen but I plan on going back and will make those a priority.

Awesome! Red Rocks is sick huh? Yeah, I lived across varying regions of CO from 2002-2013, so hit me up if ya ever want some cool places to check out in terms of outdoor recreation/sites ;)

CEG85":16a26dvq said:
That's the one place I've been wanting to catch a show.

Now that I have been there, I would go to see a band I didn't even like all that much at that venue. It's just a different experience.

fek":1lw9eg17 said:
CEG85":1lw9eg17 said:
That's the one place I've been wanting to catch a show.

Now that I have been there, I would go to see a band I didn't even like all that much at that venue. It's just a different experience.
Awesome! Love to see a show there.

Back