lowest watt plexi feel amp

dstroud

looking for a super low watt amp with a plexi feel with master volume for low volume practicing. Played a friends 1 watt marshall Plexi they put out a while ago and loved it! but dang those are expensive if you can even find one. Any suggestions to something similar?

A plexi with an attenuator, and that will still be pretty loud. You are never going to get that "true" Plexi feel at bedroom volumes. Probably would be better off with a modeler.

Fryette Power Station II with a 100 or 50 watter and you'll be pleasantly surprised...

Even 5 watts tube is loud but with a good Pre PI(ala JCM800) master volume it would be good for practice. Maybe look for a Blackstar amp they should be plenty cheap or anything low wattage JCM800 based. Another suggestion for practice I would say set your JCM800 NMV or an old Fender Bassman to a low level volumewise and get a Friedman BEOD, I think it would be great for practicing at low volumes and your would not have to buy another amp.

I tried the Bogner Panama once, and that thing sounded really good. Seemed like it definitely could do overdriven, low-volume tones at some switch combinations.

Metlupass2":30knd13m said:
How bout the one you're playing here.... I've got a Surreal LC100 with a 20 watt mode.

Is the actual.amp.in the classified listing or one with the same specs? Regardless this one sounds damn good!! Of course with the tone in the players fingers Its hard to know for sure if its gonna sound like that with me hacking away lol

Back