Best PREAMP pedal...with a Solid state AMP!

japetus

If you guys had a solid state power amp, and had to use one preamp pedal for your OD/Distortion sound only...with no rack units involved, what would it be? I know it seems like a simple question but it is interesting to hear all of your guys opinions.

I'd take a look at Diezel's VH4 and Herbert pedals. Hear great things about the ISP Theta preamp, too. What about a Fractal AX8 or a Line 6 Helix Floor? Not rack stuff... ;)

Heard great things about just about everything Gurus makes.

ISP Theta Preamp pedal all the way!
I use one into the FX return of a JCM 800 reissue, and I also have the ISP Stealth power amp which sounds really good for an SS amp, and makes an awesome micro rig.

nigelpkay":2m4zc2u9 said:
ISP Theta Preamp pedal all the way!
I use one into the FX return of a JCM 800 reissue, and I also have the ISP Stealth power amp which sounds really good for an SS amp, and makes an awesome micro rig.

This^^^^

The clips I’ve heard of the seymour Duncan palladium sound good and you can go straight to an interface as well for home recording.

The Herbert is pretty awesome but as the first set up I have had like this it does leave me wanting to try others. ISP and Tightmetal seem good.

Can the Bogner stuff be used as a preamp? Do they have outputs for that? I thought they were more like distortion boxes.

Back