Anyone ever tried MCP Angel Dust Or Afwayu 7 STRING?

Flavatrocious

Curious if anyone has any experience or comparisons? I'm looking at options for my 7 string. Currently has Nazgul/Sentient. They cool but you know.

Flavatrocious":25zd53sv said:
Curious if anyone has any experience or comparisons? I'm looking at options for my 7 string. Currently has Nazgul/Sentient. They cool but you know.
Never tried the 7 string version, but I just had a 6 string Angel Dust installed in my Charvel Koa Custom Shop. Picking the guitar up in a couple hours. Can't wait.
What type of construction is your 7 string guitar and how does it sound?

firejack":2yhb9gwl said:
Flavatrocious":2yhb9gwl said:
Never tried the 7 string version, but I just had a 6 string Angel Dust installed in my Charvel Koa Custom Shop. Picking the guitar up in a couple hours. Can't wait.

Alder body, maple neck, maple fret board. 26.5 scale. Sounds tight, quick. Good clarity.

Flavatrocious":uoqm4t5z said:
firejack":uoqm4t5z said:
Flavatrocious":uoqm4t5z said:

Alder body, maple neck, maple fret board. 26.5 scale. Sounds tight, quick. Good clarity.
The Angel Dust in my Charvel Koa wasn't a good match unfortunately. My Koa is a very lean and bright sounding guitar. The Angel Dust was better than the 2nd Degree Black Belt that was in the guitar originally, but still not enough punch and thickness for me. I'll be saving my Angel Dust for a darker, fatter sounding guitar I think. Going to try my WCR IronMan set in my Koa next.
I'd be curious to hear how it pans out for you if you get one for your 7 string. Let us know how you go. :thumbsup:

Curious as well. I loved the nazgul on my six string but it seems a little shrieking with the high e on the seven. Don’t know if the 6 and the 7 are tonally different or not.... probably he only thing I’m not certain about on this km7.

Back