The origins of Rigtalk?

hcaf was a blast... If no one has mentioned it, the fallout occurred when the board had a version 1 and version 2 update that pissed everyone off.. some lost a lot of their thread history I think, and a lot of the archive stuff was lost too...

mhenson42":1zpvpoym said:
Bob and Chris started it after the HCAF exodus in 2006. Then there was some sort of falling out and Chris left. They sold it on eBay and Brad bought it. Then he sold/let it go when he had legal issues.
Yeah, this is how I remember the chain of events, too. Sigh... the great HCAFpocalypse. It was so cool back in the day.

sutepaj":1dgd4vih said:
maddnotez":1dgd4vih said:
Rig Talk was sold on ebay? :LOL: :LOL: priceless. Didn't know that, I didn't even know what a forum was until 09' pretty sure RT was my first.

You missed the golden days on HCAF. I may have been the greatest troll there. Legendary status. I have since retired from trolling.

But you were a troll in a good way. Fun. Funny. There were some guys like carl, and sukkmyballz or something like that that were trolls that were assholes.

Chris and bob started it. Later chris decided to sell it because it got too expensive and he was busy with life. Then Brad bought it and later chris became unhappy with how Brad did some things and treated some people so he left.

Funny enough, I was in Ireland in June of 2006 for a week or so, Came back and 1/2-2/3 of the good people on hcaf had left. Kind of like going in a store and your friends move your car... :LOL: :LOL:

I may be in the minority, but I miss the old HCAF. It seemed like the vast majority of forumites from HCAF had the same sense of humor, and I REALLY miss the funny pics thread. That tread was one of the best threads on the web!

But, as with everything that’s fun, it came to an end. For every useful thread about music gear, there were two or three threads making fun of KSEFan, and the ever-growing thread containing pictures of overweight women that one of the members attempted to convince the rest of the board that “the girls weren’t fat, they just had huge tits”.

Ahhhhh...the good old days. I do miss how chaotic that board was, and how entertaining discussions were. Everything started to fall apart when the switched the board to a tapatalk setup and most forumites profiles were accidentally deleted (I was a victim sadly), and after that, it was a ghost town. It’s always great to see some of you guys’ names and avatars from back then (paging Pete)...

I came here from the Harmony Central forums as well in the great purge. This is a great place!

:rock:

lespaul6":2dqqygwc said:
hcaf was a blast... If no one has mentioned it, the fallout occurred when the board had a version 1 and version 2 update that pissed everyone off.. some lost a lot of their thread history I think, and a lot of the archive stuff was lost too...

That layout/format change though - :doh: :doh:

Those days from 2000-07 were great. Just the sheer number of users, the comedy, the knowledge, the fights...

squealie":1qen5eg2 said:
I thought Thump started it when he was banned for the 20th time from HCAF?

Someone posted above that it was Chris (Thump) and Bob. I don't remember why Chris left, but I know the guy traded amps at an insane clip. He alone kept UPS in business during the 00's.

shredhead7":21esvzxy said:
lespaul6":21esvzxy said:

That layout/format change though - :doh: :doh:

Those days from 2000-07 were great. Just the sheer number of users, the comedy, the knowledge, the fights...

Agree.. legendary status

There were some great times at HCAF where users stirred up a crap storm: PRMike and Megadeth5391 (whatever it was).

FourT6and2 said:
Damn I joined on June 30th, 2006. Looks like I'm not as OG as some of you lol[/quot

Dude, you are most definitely an OG!! You joined in 2006. I am a relative newcomer compared to many. I joined in 2009. I have only been around these parts for 9 years. This is my main forum. I am a member at the gear page, but basically just use the classifieds there. There is a feature at the gear page, the right side of the screen shows that days most active/popular threads and I have responded to a few of those, especially when someone gets ripped off. I hate hearing those tales. So I have worked myself into a frenzy when hearing about guys getting ripped off and have responded to a few of those.

wish like hell i could go (back) and read some of that stuff... not sure which forum hosted the following events that i've heard/read bits and pieces of since joining RT....i may be confusing my bullshit :LOL: :LOL:

- the madison amp thing (as mentioned above)
- Someone was going to get eff'd up on a playground, or golf course, or something(?) b/c they couldn't djent (?)
- Dumble
- Crystal lattice,..err lettuce... (?)...this and dumble may be related somehow
- Cameron...started here i believe, though before my time as well

im sure there were tons more..

June 2007 for me. I remember much of the HCAF drama and also the change ups on here.

Anyone remember the trend of the butthurt starting a thread to announce that they were leaving?

I came here from HCAF too, and I miss some of the shenanigans. There were some legendary threads there, sometimes it went a bit too far, but anyone who was active there knew it was all in good fun.

Back