The origins of Rigtalk?

GuitarGuyLP":212j7dou said:
I came here from HCAF too, and I miss some of the shenanigans. There were some legendary threads there, sometimes it went a bit too far, but anyone who was active there knew it was all in good fun.
:LOL: :LOL: idk man I have heard stories of guys literally going insane after too much forums.

Bob and Sgt Thump, but don't forget about Mitch Shaft. He was the other guy who, I think, was ousted when Bob and Thump realized he was reading PMs.

MrDowntown":fc8ht3eo said:
wish like hell i could go (back) and read some of that stuff... not sure which forum hosted the following events that i've heard/read bits and pieces of since joining RT....i may be confusing my bullshit :LOL: :LOL:

- the madison amp thing (as mentioned above)
- Someone was going to get eff'd up on a playground, or golf course, or something(?) b/c they couldn't djent (?)
- Dumble
- Crystal lattice,..err lettuce... (?)...this and dumble may be related somehow
- Cameron...started here i believe, though before my time as well

im sure there were tons more..

Did djent exist in ‘06?

I been here a long time but really felt like i didn't belong. Lurked over at TGP and hung out there for a long time, but damn...so many people living in the '70's and '80's. Nice to check back in and see old names. Where's donbarzini?

messenger":o1ksj4wx said:
MrDowntown":o1ksj4wx said:
wish like hell i could go (back) and read some of that stuff... not sure which forum hosted the following events that i've heard/read bits and pieces of since joining RT....i may be confusing my bullshit :LOL: :LOL:

- the madison amp thing (as mentioned above)
- Someone was going to get eff'd up on a playground, or golf course, or something(?) b/c they couldn't djent (?)
- Dumble
- Crystal lattice,..err lettuce... (?)...this and dumble may be related somehow
- Cameron...started here i believe, though before my time as well

im sure there were tons more..

Did djent exist in ‘06?

Sure. :LOL: :LOL: folks just didn't know what to call it yet.

Why hasn't Savage surfaced? What about this Thump dude everyone is referencing?????? Banned over 20 times from HCAF?? Is this dude a legend or what?

indespise":15jxwulz said:
I signed up here during some HCAF drama- damned if I can remember what it was even about now. Got out of the gear chase for a long stretch after 07.

LOL, me too. Oh man that place was like the movie "The Warriors". It was like all of these gangs. I got so burned out on that place. My best memory though is the Eddie Van Halen photoshopped pics that went on forever. Funniest stuff I've seen in my life. LOL

romanianreaper":kmngapg7 said:
RaceU4her":kmngapg7 said:
The Madison amps debacle was the best

LOL!! Somewhere I have my Madison amp clip I did and I inserted sounds of me ripping duct tape inbetween riffs.

were you twisting the unconnected presence knob?? dont worry, you can find the TSL schematic to fix it!! HAHA

Billy Blades
World ass kicking p.g.a tour
True tone-500
Cameron
Reza-meltdown
Dar-fbm
T.m.g guitars rouge guitar shop mom troll
Splawn wierd midz
Steve Ks epic gear buying or selling
Rockin chippy hoarding of all things Cameron
Bernie Rico Black Friday fiasco
Kiesel world class customer service
Good times gents ..good times !

Well I had to check, my HC account is still active (guess I need to update that password?).
I joined there in 2007, thought it was good, it was my first forum. Guess I missed the fun if it all ended in 2006, I joined here, Sevenstring and TGP in 2010 after that upgrade that made the site unusable.

If I recall correctly, I think I only found this site because of the rig diagrams that used to be out front of the forums on the main site.

My join date was 2008. I remember the old harmony central a little. The site its self was a great place for gear reviews. Then it was bought out and it went to crap. Guys on that forum always were into the next "best and cheapest" guitar. the Agile/ SX Xaviere wars, Blades amps.

RaceU4her":yvjx8gn4 said:
I’ve been here since day one I believe
Going by Bob's 'join date' the Rig Talk Day 0 counter starts: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:49 am
But only three members had a join on that day, they must have officially announced on 6/24/06 since there are none after those first three members and then there is a huge influx on that day, so you are pretty much a day 1 guy for 'open to the public' RT from the looks of it.

I was here two days later at 6/26 and it was already @ #273 members at my join.

Shows you how hated the MF HCAF buyout was... they literally burnt HC to the ground. Was much fun back in the day... I used to love reading the user reviews, such a fun resource. I think I saved the Rip Glitter reviews somewhere; they were hilarious.

I too remember the old Harmony Central site and checking out the different reviews as they had a neat little database. The Boogie Mark II C+ was like 9.9/10 with 33 reviews (don’t know why I remember that)!

Others have mentioned and yes that Eddie Van Halen Photoshopped thread has to be one of the most epic things on the Internet I’d ever seen. There was a Lord of the Rings poster that was Lord of the Strings and it was very well done. That thread just kept going and going.

HC had their own “Steve K” it was someone named VHT_Steve that had an insane amount of gear. Tons of rack stuff. Who knows, maybe they’re related?

I got on RT as that had the biggest following of the Egnater/Randall modular stuff and have been around ever since. Mainly guys who are all about 70-90s rock/metal.

Actually I started it. I lost it to Bob and Chris in a dance contest. I left Harmony Central in 2002. Everyone copied me years later.

Anyone else remember the ole shampoo in the pussy ruse? It was on the HCGF, but made its way into HCAF before it was pulled. That was some funny stuff.

I almost forgot about the Van Halen photos LOL

stephen sawall":1gqrw6h8 said:
Actually I started it. I lost it to Bob and Chris in a dance contest. I left Harmony Central in 2002. Everyone copied me years later.
See? I told you that you should of Jitterbug. But you insisted on the Charleston.
That slight turn of events cost ya.

Back