The origins of Rigtalk?

mooncobra

I was following up on a thread I remembered, wanted to check on something. Anyhow, I guess I never paid attention when you click on the members section. I see that Bob Savage is member numero uno? Is he our creator?

mooncobra":1zq4d03a said:
I was following up on a thread I remembered, wanted to check on something. Anyhow, I guess I never paid attention when you click on the members section. I see that Bob Savage is member numero uno? Is he our creator?
I am not sure about Bob. I am fairly sure Brad King bought it on Ebay for 2500. I think that is what he told me. I am not sure who sold it to him.

Ya I do think it was Bobbo or "Mr. Savage" as he likes to be addressed by us peasants that Made this up.
You know I am only fucking with you Bob. :LOL: :LOL:

But ya I remember when Brad bought it on Ebay. :yes:

Bob and Chris started it after the HCAF exodus in 2006. Then there was some sort of falling out and Chris left. They sold it on eBay and Brad bought it. Then he sold/let it go when he had legal issues.

I signed up here during some HCAF drama- damned if I can remember what it was even about now. Got out of the gear chase for a long stretch after 07.

indespise":3pw6lg67 said:
I signed up here during some HCAF drama- damned if I can remember what it was even about now. Got out of the gear chase for a long stretch after 07.

They started banning everyone for anything minor after Musicians Friend bought them out.

Rig Talk was sold on ebay? :LOL: :LOL: priceless. Didn't know that, I didn't even know what a forum was until 09' pretty sure RT was my first.

maddnotez":20emr6sk said:
Rig Talk was sold on ebay? :LOL: :LOL: priceless. Didn't know that, I didn't even know what a forum was until 09' pretty sure RT was my first.

You missed the golden days on HCAF. I may have been the greatest troll there. Legendary status. I have since retired from trolling.

RaceU4her":3exjv3t8 said:
I’ve been here since day one I believe

Sames or close to it. Well, finally signed up a couple weeks after. I remember we had a smut sub forum at one point. I was running the road for one of the years, and came back, and King owned it.

sutepaj":1lyhoznh said:
maddnotez":1lyhoznh said:

You missed the golden days on HCAF. I may have been the greatest troll there. Legendary status. I have since retired from trolling.

Im sure I would have been murdered on there and would have never shown my face again. :LOL: :LOL:

I do see some of the archived threads on there from time to time. There was a pretty popular one from Bob Savage about some builder who ripped off some teenage kid that had me in tears.

Interesting. I've been aware of RigTalk for a long time, but obviously have a fairly new userid. I may have been signed up before under something else, or maybe not. I was around HCAF back in the day and was active there. I never rejoined after the forum reset where my username went away.

I have been on guitar forums for a long time though. I was active on the Jackson Charvel Forum starting around 1998 or so, though even there my active was down when they reset things and moved in the early oughts. Before that was the real wild west of usenet threads!

maddnotez":1mr8sjgl said:
sutepaj":1mr8sjgl said:
maddnotez":1mr8sjgl said:

Im sure I would have been murdered on there and would have never shown my face again. :LOL: :LOL:

I do see some of the archived threads on there from time to time. There was a pretty popular one from Bob Savage about some builder who ripped off some teenage kid that had me in tears.
Man, I am with you...this is my first and only forum. I bought a Jackson Modded 2204 in '10 and caught the tone search bug....eventually bought a Friedman Marshall from a RTer and then it was on like Donkey Kong.........I cringe to think of all the money I've gone through on this tone fest, but at least it wasn't wasted on hookers and blow......wait, maybe that would have been....... :doh:

Racerxrated":2eirl7ey said:
maddnotez":2eirl7ey said:
sutepaj":2eirl7ey said:
maddnotez":2eirl7ey said:

Man, I am with you...this is my first and only forum. I bought a Jackson Modded 2204 in '10 and caught the tone search bug....eventually bought a Friedman Marshall from a RTer and then it was on like Donkey Kong.........I cringe to think of all the money I've gone through on this tone fest, but at least it wasn't wasted on hookers and blow......wait, maybe that would have been....... :doh:

Way OT but for a few years now I've been searching off and on for a modded Marshall that was for sale on here way back when. Was probably the best amp I've ever heard and have no idea what Marshall or what mods were done. :cry:

Im on all the forums now. Ive taken breaks over the years but I feel every forum these days has their own specific benefits or perks.

sutepaj":2h2f5t7c said:
maddnotez":2h2f5t7c said:

You’re Bluesaholic??

I stayed with harmony central longer than most, but eventually came to rig talk about a month after the early adopters.

Back