The origins of Rigtalk?

sutepaj":3alrh6fh said:
mrhiwatt":3alrh6fh said:
6/26/06. What about the free Zak Wylde guitar if you bought miniature toy lol

Mr hiwatt

Hell yeah! 357 customs! A free Epiphone Zakk Wylde if you buy a $99 gift certificate, lol. I remember the guy running Zakk Wyldes website quit and basically went into hiding over that entire debacle.

Here is me trying to warn EVERYONE that it was a scam and being told no, I was wrong! Told you suckers! DANYEO I AM LOOKING AT YOU, LOL!!

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/fo ... 8/1660776-

:LOL: :LOL: Suckers. :thumbsup:

JK that sucks if you got scammed but he definitely warned and was tried to be made a fool.

mooncobra":2hap5zmp said:
Why hasn't Savage surfaced? What about this Thump dude everyone is referencing?????? Banned over 20 times from HCAF?? Is this dude a legend or what?
As someone said, Thump went through gear with the best of them. I think the last kick Thump was on was Landry Amps. I always enjoyed talking gear with him, believe there is some old youtube videos out there.

HCAF was fun. And yep I owned a Powerball. I've been here awhile but just never posted as much. Joined first month I believe.

wIsEbLooD":tb7ntfo1 said:
There has been plenty of hilarious shit happen here over the years.
World asskicking tour anyone?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I remember that, it went on for a solid week :LOL: :LOL: That guy could not shut up. All the Steel Kage/carlygator stuff was hilarious, and sprung up its own website :LOL: :LOL:
Mailmans epic amp snorting tranny hooker thread also comes to mind, although it was later

Oh fuck I had so much laughs on this forum. :LOL: :LOL:
I remember my wife waking up like at 2 am.
With me laughing at the computer

Thought I was nuts. :D

grooveHT":x741t91x said:
romanianreaper":x741t91x said:
The Eddie Van Halen one with Keith Richards and them in A-HAs "Take on Me" video absolutely took the cake and won that thread. People couldn't believe it. LOL

Wasn't Pepi responsible for a lot of those hilarious EVH/Moshzilla photoshops?

LOL, oh yeah that was him. LOL

messenger":312nszq2 said:
MrDowntown":312nszq2 said:
wish like hell i could go (back) and read some of that stuff... not sure which forum hosted the following events that i've heard/read bits and pieces of since joining RT....i may be confusing my bullshit :LOL: :LOL:

- the madison amp thing (as mentioned above)
- Someone was going to get eff'd up on a playground, or golf course, or something(?) b/c they couldn't djent (?)
- Dumble
- Crystal lattice,..err lettuce... (?)...this and dumble may be related somehow
- Cameron...started here i believe, though before my time as well

im sure there were tons more..

Did djent exist in ‘06?

The word Djent was, believe it or not, actually invented on the HCAF. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. A lot of the guys who got pretty big in the djent scene (Misha from Periphery) were in that forum as young bucks. I remember I posted a clip of a Ampeg VH140C with an Ibanez S470 with a Bill Lawerence XL500, and a lot of people were commenting how it was "PURE DJENT" at the time.

sutepaj":2huojfmq said:
messenger":2huojfmq said:
MrDowntown":2huojfmq said:
wish like hell i could go (back) and read some of that stuff... not sure which forum hosted the following events that i've heard/read bits and pieces of since joining RT....i may be confusing my bullshit :LOL: :LOL:

- Someone was going to get eff'd up on a playground, or golf course, or something(?) b/c they couldn't djent (?)
- Dumble

Did djent exist in ‘06?

The word Djent was, believe it or not, actually invented on the HCAF. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. A lot of the guys who got pretty big in the djent scene (Misha from Periphery) were in that forum as young bucks. I remember I posted a clip of a Ampeg VH140C with an Ibanez S470 with a Bill Lawerence XL500, and a lot of people were commenting how it was "PURE DJENT" at the time.

Maybe true but I think it was more of a universal thing. Me and my buddy used to say it like back in 96 when we would verbally explain riffs we came up with without a guitar on hand. Cuz thats what the palm mute guitars sound like without the T at the end lol. Im sure we werent the only ones but I am really not sure how it turned into the genre.

Tbh those bands dont even have that sound. Should have called it wow wow wka wka wow. I know im weird

romanianreaper":29vrkkc9 said:
grooveHT":29vrkkc9 said:
romanianreaper":29vrkkc9 said:
The Eddie Van Halen one with Keith Richards and them in A-HAs "Take on Me" video absolutely took the cake and won that thread. People couldn't believe it. LOL

Wasn't Pepi responsible for a lot of those hilarious EVH/Moshzilla photoshops?

LOL, oh yeah that was him. LOL

Moshzilla was epic. I wasnt on forums then but saw it later on. Some of those pics were hilarious

maddnotez":28lliutg said:
sutepaj":28lliutg said:
messenger":28lliutg said:
MrDowntown":28lliutg said:

- Dumble

Did djent exist in ‘06?

Maybe true but I think it was more of a universal thing. Me and my buddy used to say it like back in 96 when we would verbally explain riffs we came up with without a guitar on hand. Cuz thats what the palm mute guitars sound like without the T at the end lol. Im sure we werent the only ones but I am really not sure how it turned into the genre.

Tbh those bands dont even have that sound. Should have called it wow wow wka wka wow. I know im weird

Everybody knows wow wow wka wka wow is Tom Morello!

A friend sent over a link to this thread. Laughed reading the replies! Ha ha. Those really were some fun times!

Remember when Kage and Carl met in real life at Carl’s apartment in NY and got along fine? Then returned to bashing each other online shortly after that? Ha That was when bashing meant racial jokes and all kinds of other crazy mean stuff. Was funny, though. :)

PS - I was the first user account, but either Mitch or Brad was pissed at me and deleted it.

Chris

Sgtthump":28ecyir5 said:
A friend sent over a link to this thread. Laughed reading the replies! Ha ha. Those really were some fun times!

Remember when Kage and Carl met in real life at Carl’s apartment in NY and got along fine? Then returned to bashing each other online shortly after that? Ha That was when bashing meant racial jokes and all kinds of other crazy mean stuff. Was funny, though. :)

PS - I was the first user account, but either Mitch or Brad was pissed at me and deleted it.

Chris

HE HAS BEEN SUMMONED

sutepaj":1o2zq8u7 said:
gibson5413":1o2zq8u7 said:
danyeo":1o2zq8u7 said:
bigangryguitar":1o2zq8u7 said:
gibson5413":1o2zq8u7 said:
There were some great times at HCAF where users stirred up a crap storm: PRMike and Megadeth5391 (whatever it was).

I remember fighting with the Megadeth guy all the time! Good times!

Shane

Megadeath5150, or something like that. I remember just calling him Megadouche! :LOL: :LOL: I think he had a health condition where he had to move from PA to San Diego. I think he then got married then he kinda faded off the forums. Good for him! But one of my favorite line was when he was asking about a Bogner and RandyVansykes said, "it sounds like a tube amp..You would hate it". :LOL: :LOL:

Whatever or whoever was MYK?

Anyone remember xixixix buying a $700 Mesa Recto only to get a box full of sheetrock?

I do miss the forum jams that Alex FLouros put together!

I remember joining HCAF in 03 and everyone wanted an Engl Powerball or a THD. Every other thread was bashing Creed and nobody back then knew about great Mesa Mark IV"s were.

That is some funny stuff! I think I even remember that Megamark tried to sell a damaged Ibanez. The shit people do sometimes!! :LOL: :LOL:

Mark was a funny dude. I kept in touch with him for some time after all of that, he just enjoyed trolling. He tried to sell a Peavey Supreme 160 head for like $1400 and kept listing it, and pissed everyone off. MYK was a cool guy too. Anyone remember BILL LEE aka *I STARE AT THE SUN AND LAUGH*. That guy was something else, and then he died but nobody believed he was actually dead.

That was Zemjla or something like that, right?

sutepaj":33wz8fvc said:
Sgtthump":33wz8fvc said:

Chris

HE HAS BEEN SUMMONED

Lol! Gotta run, but I’ll check back later!

grooveHT":3ufo76mx said:
sutepaj":3ufo76mx said:
gibson5413":3ufo76mx said:
danyeo":3ufo76mx said:
bigangryguitar":3ufo76mx said:
gibson5413":3ufo76mx said:
There were some great times at HCAF where users stirred up a crap storm: PRMike and Megadeth5391 (whatever it was).

I remember fighting with the Megadeth guy all the time! Good times!

Shane

Megadeath5150, or something like that. I remember just calling him Megadouche! :LOL: :LOL: I think he had a health condition where he had to move from PA to San Diego. I think he then got married then he kinda faded off the forums. Good for him! But one of my favorite line was when he was asking about a Bogner and RandyVansykes said, "it sounds like a tube amp..You would hate it". :LOL: :LOL:

Whatever or whoever was MYK?

Anyone remember xixixix buying a $700 Mesa Recto only to get a box full of sheetrock?

I do miss the forum jams that Alex FLouros put together!

I remember joining HCAF in 03 and everyone wanted an Engl Powerball or a THD. Every other thread was bashing Creed and nobody back then knew about great Mesa Mark IV"s were.

That is some funny stuff! I think I even remember that Megamark tried to sell a damaged Ibanez. The shit people do sometimes!! :LOL: :LOL:

Mark was a funny dude. I kept in touch with him for some time after all of that, he just enjoyed trolling. He tried to sell a Peavey Supreme 160 head for like $1400 and kept listing it, and pissed everyone off. MYK was a cool guy too. Anyone remember BILL LEE aka *I STARE AT THE SUN AND LAUGH*. That guy was something else, and then he died but nobody believed he was actually dead.

That was Zemjla or something like that, right?

It was him, he was awesome.

What's up Thump? Thanks again for starting this place, all those years ago. More than a decade of Rig-talking action!

thegame":2v5yjr8j said:
Vince Sansavere going to jail after ripping people off

Ripping people off...giving people behind the scenes knowledge from top touring pros...heh. Call it what you want. Contrary to popular belief I did no real jail time (fake news) and I have been touring the WORLD while half of you guys are sitting in your basement, pounding your pud to the best new modeling amp. Remember how you guys claimed I didn't have an in at ESP custom shop? I guess my 12 custom ESP's sitting on my wall might think different but ANYWAY. It really doesn't matter though in the long run and even the fact that you are STILL talking about me after all these years says a lot. Get a life, losers.

V

Who remembers SteveVHT getting the forum into a frenzy over his fuckaroobonzai thread on how awesome the JVM was going to be, then he had a big group buy.I actually got in on that one, it was legit. I just didn't like the JVM and sold it.

Sooo many Cameron threads and Cameron hype and BS. There's a thread on TGP now on Cameron which even got rockinchippi to chime in on. Glad I never lost money on any Scameron amp. :LOL: :LOL: No I didn't get taken on the 357 Choppers BS either.

And last I checked xixixix was on his 16th Powerball amp. What's DerekB been up to? :rock:

danyeo":2sv4ufkl said:
Who remembers SteveVHT getting the forum into a frenzy over his fuckaroobonzai thread on how awesome the JVM was going to be, then he had a big group buy.I actually got in on that one, it was legit. I just didn't like the JVM and sold it.

Sooo many Cameron threads and Cameron hype and BS. There's a thread on TGP now on Cameron which even got rockinchippi to chime in on. Glad I never lost money on any Scameron amp. :LOL: :LOL: No I didn't get taken on the 357 Choppers BS either.

And last I checked xixixix was on his 16th Powerball amp. What's DerekB been up to? :rock:

No response on the 357 customs talk above? LOL, just kidding with you brother. Good to think about good times of the past. Whoops saw you did address it lol. You know what though, xixixix was always a really cool guy..he was just misinformed and wealthy. I always told him JUST KEEP AN AMP FOR A WEEK...but he was just never happy. We make fun of guys turning an amp around in a week now...he was turning amps over in 6 hours!! :LOL: :LOL:

sutepaj":2bhxxqkk said:
maddnotez":2bhxxqkk said:
sutepaj":2bhxxqkk said:
messenger":2bhxxqkk said:
MrDowntown":2bhxxqkk said:

- Dumble

Did djent exist in ‘06?

Everybody knows wow wow wka wka wow is Tom Morello!

:LOL: :LOL: so true.

Tune it down 7 steps and get some high gain tho.

Back