NGD KM7 MKII

mchn13

wow what a lot of guitar for the money! I usually buy 6 strings I like for a decent price(I’m poor), and tune them up to something that plays above it’s pay grade so to speak. Started a new metal project with some old friends of mine and we decided to go seven strings. Found this on GC used, and did a trade for two of my old sixes. The cool thing is; while it’s going to take me a bit of adjustment to get my playing right, this guitar is only going to need a fine tuning setup, and me getting used to it, cause everything is here, and it feels like a quality piece of gear. Nice job Schecter, maybe shoulda checked them out sooner...
5526C3CA-B3ED-4CBA-984B-97E225E29AA5 by steve moore, on Flickr

61CAA12D-0B90-4683-A730-90D58A913E45 by steve moore, on Flickr

0F381AF8-7651-414A-BFE1-903B439DCC14 by steve moore, on Flickr

9ACFCB20-92CB-4FE4-9FA4-49989107B058 by steve moore, on Flickr

They are nice guitars. I got one from the Stupid Deal of the Day for around $750 total. I ended up returning mine since they finishers sanded through the top in one area.

Looks awesome man. The KM7 MKI I have totally opened me up to the idea of looking at non-USA made guitars again. I got a bit snooty for about, oh... 10 years! LOL!

Rex Rocker":qgrkicf5 said:
That looks killer! How do you like the KM Fishmen?
This is the mkii. It has the nazgul/sentient set. The 7 string version definitely has a mid/high peak that I didn’t notice in the 6 string set. Could just be that the high string on the 7 is an e, instead of a c# on the 6 string. So far I have no intention of changing them. So far.....

Yeah...just the 2018 model MKII's have fisherman Merrows. 2017 and prior don't. They have the nazgul/sentient as stated.

ChurchHill":22sny0fw said:
Sweet! Looks like a great neck, too, and really not terribly different than a 6. Congrats!!

It’s a nice thin neck, wich I like. Just adjusting to the different root notes I’m used to is weird, and the chord shapes I use. ...really nice piece of gear tho...I’ll get it eventually.

Nice!!! Congrats!

I've been looking at these and the KM-7-MKIII even more so. Wish they made the former in a 6 string and with a tone knob and I'd be all over it.

MetalHeadMike":1e75rwmq said:
Nice!!! Congrats!

I've been looking at these and the KM-7-MKIII even more so. Wish they made the former in a 6 string and with a tone knob and I'd be all over it.

The mkiii looks sliiiick. Maybe next year.

I just bought the 6 string variant of this about a month ago- got a scratch and dent model from Musician's Friend- first one had a super jacked up neck, second one was much better. Still needed some TLC from a tech to iron our a few QC issues, but now I'm really enjoying it. Great feature set for the price for sure, bought it with the hopes that the reinforced neck and stainless frets (coupled with a general no bullshit configuration) will make for a very sturdy and low maintenance instrument. I'll probably swap out the Nazgul for a SD Distortion though- mids feel a bit too honky and lows are a little more spongy than my DD equipped guitars. It does record really well as is.

One other small thing I really like about these is that the volume knob is way away from the strings. No accidental volume roll downs while anchoring.

indespise":2ubtt2rp said:
I just bought the 6 string variant of this about a month ago- got a scratch and dent model from Musician's Friend- first one had a super jacked up neck, second one was much better. Still needed some TLC from a tech to iron our a few QC issues, but now I'm really enjoying it. Great feature set for the price for sure, bought it with the hopes that the reinforced neck and stainless frets (coupled with a general no bullshit configuration) will make for a very sturdy and low maintenance instrument. I'll probably swap out the Nazgul for a SD Distortion though- mids feel a bit too honky and lows are a little more spongy than my DD equipped guitars. It does record really well as is.

One other small thing I really like about these is that the volume knob is way away from the strings. No accidental volume roll downs while anchoring.

See, I really liked the nazgul in my 6 string tuned to drop b,but not sure about the the 7 string version. Definitely seems to have an exaggerated mid hump that’s more pronounced in this version. Might have to look for a new 7 string pup soon! And I kno nothing about them lol.

indespise":3ma8y1a8 said:

So, in your opinion the distortion was tighter in the lows and not as peaky in the mids? I need to look up 7 string clips of those...

hell yeah, never been a fan of Schecter guitars, but those are really nice, would love to try one out sometime. looks killer man!!!

Juggernaut":tinvtrad said:
hell yeah, never been a fan of Schecter guitars, but those are really nice, would love to try one out sometime. looks killer man!!!

thanks juggy, I never really had much interest until the merrows. this one and the mkiii changed my mind on them. still may get a beater Ibanez s for a pickup test dummy and to leave at practice...

mchn13":3fqvsblm said:
wow what a lot of guitar for the money! I usually buy 6 strings I like for a decent price(I’m poor), and tune them up to something that plays above it’s pay grade so to speak. Started a new metal project with some old friends of mine and we decided to go seven strings. Found this on GC used, and did a trade for two of my old sixes. The cool thing is; while it’s going to take me a bit of adjustment to get my playing right, this guitar is only going to need a fine tuning setup, and me getting used to it, cause everything is here, and it feels like a quality piece of gear. Nice job Schecter, maybe shoulda checked them out sooner...
5526C3CA-B3ED-4CBA-984B-97E225E29AA5 by steve moore, on Flickr

61CAA12D-0B90-4683-A730-90D58A913E45 by steve moore, on Flickr

0F381AF8-7651-414A-BFE1-903B439DCC14 by steve moore, on Flickr

9ACFCB20-92CB-4FE4-9FA4-49989107B058 by steve moore, on Flickr

I really liked those, at first. The way they thinned out the body just don't look right. I do like the MKI, and almost bought a KM-6. Some places are blowing out the translucent black for $799 new.

I still can't get over how cheap I got my Banshee-6 FR-A. It's as nice as any Ibanez Prestige I've owned. World Music Korea makes nice shit!

mchn13":33ogkjol said:
indespise":33ogkjol said:

So, in your opinion the distortion was tighter in the lows and not as peaky in the mids? I need to look up 7 string clips of those...

I haven't put one in the KM-6 yet, but compared to the DD in my other guitars, I'd say that's pretty accurate. Certain characteristics of the Nazgul are growing on me though- it's definitely not a bad pickup in any case.

Back