video for my band's 1st single off our new CD

dstroud

Here is a video for my band's 1st single off our new CD. Song is called Invisible. Used a Peavey 6505 mini/tubescreamer/Marshall 1960BX for rhythms. I used a Blankenship 1987 head/Boss sd-1/Marshall 1960BX for leads. I also did the mixing with Pro Tools and T-Racks Classic suite for mastering. that T-Racks is very affordable and I think it sounds awesome for anyone looking for something like that on a budget.

dstroud":6xc9f2l1 said:
Here is a video for my band's 1st single off our new CD. Song is called Invisible. Used a Peavey 6505 mini/tubescreamer/Marshall 1960BX for rhythms. I used a Blankenship 1987 head/Boss sd-1/Marshall 1960BX for leads. I also did the mixing with Pro Tools and T-Racks Classic suite for mastering. that T-Racks is very affordable and I think it sounds awesome for anyone looking for something like that on a budget.

Sounds awesome Darren!! Love everything about it!! Is that Missy on vocals? You guys all sound great!!! Love the lead tone!

gibson5413":2rbqqjy4 said:
dstroud":2rbqqjy4 said:

Sounds awesome Darren!! Love everything about it!! Is that Missy on vocals? You guys all sound great!!! Love the lead tone![/quote

thanks Chad! yes that is Missy on bass, vocals and keys - I wonder if that means we have to pay her more lol. Yeah that 50 watt 1987 I got from Roy Blankenship pretty much ended all my GAS. I still buy things but that amp is the benchmark. You can see more tunes from the CD in the video in my signature below.

I feel like with a basic Plexi/JMP/2204 circuit as your base tone, you can get anything you need. Stack a heavy overdrive on top and tweak EQ to taste and you can get some cutting monster metal tones.

I liked this tune btw.. I thought your leads were very Kind Diamong Andy Laroque but i know i have said that before. It was just very refreshing to hear because out of all the people you could remind me of, that's the one who you hear less about. (and who is also criminally underrated)

My only teensie weenie complaint is that the mix is a bit bass heavy. I would have liked the snare and kick to cut more and I think your guitar could have cut a bit more. That's all subjective though, we all hear stuff different.

Kapo_Polenton":34r33zkh said:
I feel like with a basic Plexi/JMP/2204 circuit as your base tone, you can get anything you need. Stack a heavy overdrive on top and tweak EQ to taste and you can get some cutting monster metal tones.

I liked this tune btw.. I thought your leads were very Kind Diamong Andy Laroque but i know i have said that before. It was just very refreshing to hear because out of all the people you could remind me of, that's the one who you hear less about. (and who is also criminally underrated)

My only teensie weenie complaint is that the mix is a bit bass heavy. I would have liked the snare and kick to cut more and I think your guitar could have cut a bit more. That's all subjective though, we all hear stuff different.

thanks man! yeah I'm with you on the Marshall circuits, much can be done with those with just a few pedals. I've never listened to Andy Laroque, I'll have to check him out! and thanks for your thoughts on the mix - yeah it's a very fine line lol We had 1 review wanting more bass haha. My guitar was more cutting until we added the keys, then had to make some space for those, but man mixing is so much fun, so I like to do it :)

danyeo":2wgvlhn6 said:
Sounds cool! You guys should play at the next Prog Power festival in Georgia. :rock:

thanks! we'd love to land a gig like that, thanks for the heads up, we'll have to give it a shot!

Back