Basement Rig Transformation - new gear before and after pics

WoW , that says a lot about how much you like your Fryette gear ! And obviously the Wizard stuff. Having owned a Ultralead and CLX I understand where youre coming from. I also had a couple of the Fatbottom cabs but with the speakers they used to use befor the Fanes. I liked the cab but didnt love it , it has a nice punchy sound but the mids were little hollow in certain frequencies and they could have been a bit thinker sounding in general ....

Anyways you may have covered this already in other threads but what do you like so much about the Fanes in comparison to other speakers.

mhenson42":3fagxkv9 said:
....well not really a basement, more like room above the garage...

BEFORE....

4tEHtzeh.jpg

AFTER....

2gs4YJhh.jpg

I'm basically in love with the Fryette Fat Bottom cab loaded with Fane speakers, I was lucky enough to get a second one locally - used/mint at a decent price so I couldn't resist. Every amp in the first picture sounded better through the Fryette cab - vs the Diezel cab and my rear-loaded cabs. Ultimately though the UL won out and the rest of the amps were sold off. I'm going to set this up as W/D.

I even loaded some Fane F70s into one of my Wizard cabs - I'm a big fan of Fanes - I absolutely hated the Fryette FB cab when I had one with the p50e, but I've never played an eminence speaker that I liked.

also this transition is currently in process.....

BEFORE....

6CkcxiZh.jpg

ALMOST AFTER (still waiting on the new Wizard cab)....

SYSjsw6h.jpg

Just got the new Modern Classic II KT150 loaded with 4 KT88s. I just unboxed it yesterday so not a lot of time on it yet. But so far, compared to the el34 version, it pretty much takes it up a notch...thicker, more girth/balls. A little more modern sounding with an even tighter low-end. Basically what you'd expect when comparing the tube types in the same amp. It does have a different transformer than the el34 version. I'm a big fan of KT88s in amps so I couldn't resist buying this. :D

Curious if you had any insight... Are there Fane F70G speakers that Fryette puts into their cabs any different from a regular F70? I've half a mind to swap my P50E's for the Fanes.

the4thlast1":1t0qkdmr said:
WoW , that says a lot about how much you like your Fryette gear ! And obviously the Wizard stuff. Having owned a Ultralead and CLX I understand where youre coming from. I also had a couple of the Fatbottom cabs but with the speakers they used to use befor the Fanes. I liked the cab but didnt love it , it has a nice punchy sound but the mids were little hollow in certain frequencies and they could have been a bit thinker sounding in general ....

Anyways you may have covered this already in other threads but what do you like so much about the Fanes in comparison to other speakers.

I hated the p50es. I agree with the hollow mids...I always said it sounded like a cardboard box. There’s good info on Fanes in this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196429

dirtyfunkg":2ml6odln said:
Curious if you had any insight... Are there Fane F70G speakers that Fryette puts into their cabs any different from a regular F70? I've half a mind to swap my P50E's for the Fanes.

I don’t think they are different other than cosmetic...based on statements in the thread I linked above.

awesome amps for sure, congrats Matt. I agree 100% on your MCII kicking the Friedman to the curb, Wizards crushed any/all Marshall type amps from my experience. I need to break down and toss some Fanes in one of my Orange 4x12's. :rock:

mhenson42":2uv6v9o2 said:
dirtyfunkg":2uv6v9o2 said:

I don’t think they are different other than cosmetic...based on statements in the thread I linked above.

Thanks for that link.

Did you by chance ever mix the Fane F70 with P50E's in the same cab? Curious how they would go together.

dirtyfunkg":2rl6g7u1 said:
mhenson42":2rl6g7u1 said:
dirtyfunkg":2rl6g7u1 said:

Thanks for that link.

Did you by chance ever mix the Fane F70 with P50E's in the same cab? Curious how they would go together.

No. Never had them at the same time. The p50es would probably be over-powered by the Fanes. The p50es are rated 98db (though I’ve read some say they’re actually less) and the Fanes are 100db

Back