fortin zuul and guitar volume roll off.

mniel8195

I posted about this in an old Zuul thread I started about how to connect it. Felt like this issue may need its own thread. I managed to snag one and I have it setup with my Friedman bufferbay. I have my guitar running into the buffered input and a y cable running out of the buffer bays buffered output. I use a y cable with one end going to my first pedal and the second to the key input. The pedal also runs on my effects loop before my delay and reverb. The amp I’m using is a Friedman small box.

My question for any zuul owners is can you roll down your guitar volume or split coils and still have the unit track? The zuul kills off my rolled off sound unless I have the knob all the way down. I only use it one third to half he way up. I am also curious which way the little switched should be clicked when using it i this method? This pedal needs a manual for sure!

Maybe this pedal only works when your volume pot is all the way up. I don’t have any issues when switching channels on my amp. Just when I roll my volume down.

I was going to reply join the other thread...
I don't see why you're having that issue. I play with my setup with split coils and also use single coils sometimes and it works the same. I assume you have tried adjusting the input sensitivity when you go to split coils, then use that same setting for when you switch to full hum bucking?

The knob. I’m thinking to set the threshold for a good sound with the split coil and with the volume rolled, then when you turn the volume up and go to full humbucker, it should still be ok. But the noise may increase as well when you roll the volume up.

Back