I think we need a Southern California Amp Fest..

cyndicate

Heres a new Update.

It is going to be in Sun Valley now at Mark Cameron's place. Its a 3 bedroom house in a industrial area with a backyard as well. Space would probably be limited to about 15-20 people max.

It will be on June 7th - Starting at 1:00PM

I will send out PM's to everyone 1-2 weeks before the event for final confirmation.

Anyone got a Grill they can bring :D

So far count is up to 13 people :rock: If you are interested in joining us, just post to this thread. :thumbsup:

As it gets closer I'll shoot a PM out to those who haven't confirmed yet

Here is current gear list/status of those interested.

Cyndicate - Irvine, CA
Rackmount Mesa Mark IV
Blankenship Variplex

Status - Confirmed

Dstroud - Sherman Oaks, CA
Marshall 2203x
Egnater Seminar amp
Plexi clone and a Marshall 1960BX.
Status - Confirmed

sah5150
Mojave PeaceMaker modified so that the preamp is now a 2203 (preamp gain control and 2203 Master) with a PPIMV as well
Status - Confirmed

jcj - Los Angeles, CA
Bogner Ecstacy
Herbert
Status - Confirmed

Mark1970 - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
OD100SE+
Status - Confirmed

Mentoneman
Mojave Coyote
Egnater TOL100
Bogner 4x12
Status - ??

Bravedude2
marshall jcm 2000
ampeg VL 1002
crate stealth ( 2 lee jackson amps)
87' laney aor 100
Status - Confirmed

Blindmuddy - San Luis Obispo
Egnater Mod 50
PRS Carvin Warmoth...
Status - ??

Chubtone -
unmolested Mojave Peacemaker / Hot Plate
Splawn Quick Rod
Status - ??

GRK - Manhattan Beach, CA
Cornford MK50H
Mesa Mark III
Status - Confirmed

Eddyrox - Newport Beach
Diezel VH4
Egnater MOD100
Status - ??

'63-Strat -
Status - Confirmed

Donkers
DSL100
1960BX
Gibson Power Stealth
Status - ??

gdgross
egnater m4 and mesa 20/20.
homebrewed 2x6V6 amp
Status - ??

ToneFreak
Divided by 13 MJL-37 and a 18W custom head built

Sounds good to me, I can bring an Marshall 2203x, Egnater Seminar amp, and my Plexi clone and a Marshall 1960BX.

I can bring a Mojave PeaceMaker modified so that the preamp is now a 2203 (preamp gain control and 2203 Master) with a PPIMV as well...

Steve

dstroud":1kx5ucl6 said:
Sounds good to me, I can bring an Marshall 2203x, Egnater Seminar amp, and my Plexi clone and a Marshall 1960BX.

If we do this after May 26, I'll be able to bring an Egnater Seminar amp as well...

Steve

I'm in....I can bring whatever I have at the moment :LOL: :LOL: Probably the Ecstasy and a SLO or Herbert....or.... :doh:

I have amp issues :D

First off we need a place where volume isn't an issue. Anyone have one? Now I kind of wish I still lived in Riverside :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":rdr1ijwz said:
I'm in....I can bring whatever I have at the moment :LOL: :LOL: Probably the Ecstasy and a SLO or Herbert....or.... :doh:

I have amp issues :D

Don't we all :LOL: :LOL: Its a disease

I'm cool with pitching in $10 or $20 to rent a place. If we get enough guys, we can probably get a place pretty cheap.

dstroud":1ti1tqzm said:
I'm cool with pitching in $10 or $20 to rent a place. If we get enough guys, we can probably get a place pretty cheap.

Thats a good idea, how much does it usually cost to rent a place?

Where would you guys like to have this. Maybe West side of Orange county or LA. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, but I am familiar with all S. cali. I am game to travel anywhere. Lets start a list where everybody lives and then we can find someplace common. I can check out some rehearsal places in the areas above. I would also think it would be best to get a pretty good size one aswell. I check back in with some places and rates. I believe the last time I checked on one place it was about $10.00 to $12.00 per hour.

MARK1970":2dh2f570 said:
Where would you guys like to have this. Maybe West side of Orange county or LA. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, but I am familiar with all S. cali. I am game to travel anywhere. Lets start a list where everybody lives and then we can find someplace common. I can check out some rehearsal places in the areas above. I would also think it would be best to get a pretty good size one aswell. I check back in with some places and rates. I believe the last time I checked on one place it was about $10.00 to $12.00 per hour.

Alright I'll compile a list of gear and location in the first post

MARK1970":2d9vrswb said:

I'm in Sherman Oaks, but I'm good to go where ever is best for everybody.

we did this back in 2001? at sound matrix studios in fountain valley near the GC there...

i might be up for it on a saturday, and i have my mojave coyote and egnater tol 100 w/ bogner 4x12

mentoneman":2wfvygcs said:
we did this back in 2001? at sound matrix studios in fountain valley near the GC there...

i might be up for it on a saturday, and i have my mojave coyote and egnater tol 100 w/ bogner 4x12

Cool! Do you happen to know how much it costs? I'll add you to the list.

hey guys
i'm new too rig talk but mark1970 is a friend of mine. i was wondering if i can join in on the ampfest? :)
i have a few amps such as:
marshall jcm 2000
ampeg VL 1002
87' laney aor 100
and a few other amps, nothing as cool as a diezel or splawn.
3 fender strats
1 squire strat
1 ibanez roadstar ( think back to the future guitar)
i'll glad bring supplies. thanks :rock:

bravedude2":25g5srep said:
hey guys
i'm new too rig talk but mark1970 is a friend of mine. i was wondering if i can join in on the ampfest? :)
i have a few amps such as:
marshall jcm 2000
ampeg VL 1002
87' laney aor 100
and a few other amps, nothing as cool as a diezel or splawn.
3 fender strats
1 squire strat
1 ibanez roadstar ( think back to the future guitar)
i'll glad bring supplies. thanks :rock:

Yeah no prob, this post is just to get a feel of how many people we can get together and what gear we would be expecting :thumbsup: so nothing is for sure yet!

If anyone hasn't done so already can you post where you are located so we can figure out what is the best possible area to host it where its convient for most people.

Back