Mark V namm vid

Shiny_Surface

You can tell channel 2 sounds more grindy from this short vid I found. Channel 3 sounds like the familiar Mark lead tone everyone knows. :)

Sounds really really good.....I'm digging all three channels! :rock:

Just wish they had made the channel modes footswitchable....especially on channel three. :cry:

Regardless, sounds like a great amp!

Superunknown":3p2od38j said:
Sounds really really good.....I'm digging all three channels! :rock:

Just wish they had made the channel modes footswitchable....especially on channel three. :cry:

Regardless, sounds like a great amp!

I bet that'll be a mod...for $600 or so - lol

Damn, I didn't think anything would be able to give me GAS...

Looks cool. Could have been the mic but from this it really wasnt my thing... a little too boxy. But its hard tell from clips and Id still like to try one in person.

ejecta":2tyqwh6h said:
Looks cool. Could have been the mic but from this it really wasnt my thing... a little too boxy. But its hard tell from clips and Id still like to try one in person.

+1

It sounds wierd probably from the camera. It sounds like there's a phaser on. But i can tell that channel 2 is a big improvment over R2 on the IV. And the clean does sound great.

ejecta":u3yhzrtk said:
Sounds exactly like every Mark combo or any Mesa combo I have played. Boxy. It's not a combo tho. Sure the camera mic constantly moving adds to the funky phase shifting sound but I hear the same Mark tones that I have always heard.

Nice cleans. The rest of the amp sounds not so good in that clip to me. If you love Marks, there is more to love. If you don't like them, this is not going to change your mind. I will still check one out when they arrive in stores, which I was told will be by the end of March in my area.

SgtThump":k9e07hpr said:
ejecta":k9e07hpr said:

That's how all of the Mark series amps sound to me (boxy.) Well, I guess I can't really say that. I've only owned a Mark III head and a Triaxis, but I assumed the other Mark series amps sounded somewhat similar to those.

I admit that the tones in this Mark V clip are better than I expected from a quick video clip. Pretty cool!

Yep the Mark 4 and 3 I had sounded a bit too boxy for me but from the disctiption it made it sound like they had opened it up more but that said I dont think boxy is bad but too boxy is for me. I still want to play one as I may like it in person.

ejecta":2kj590xj said:
SgtThump":2kj590xj said:
ejecta":2kj590xj said:

That's how all of the Mark series amps sound to me (boxy.) Well, I guess I can't really say that. I've only owned a Mark III head and a Triaxis, but I assumed the other Mark series amps sounded somewhat similar to those.

I admit that the tones in this Mark V clip are better than I expected from a quick video clip. Pretty cool!

Yep the Mark 4 and 3 I had sounded a bit too boxy for me but from the disctiption it made it sound like they had opened it up more but that said I dont think boxy is bad but too boxy is for me. I still want to play one as I may like it in person.

Only the combos sound boxy not the heads on a good cabinet, at least to me. I can find video clips of any amp that sound like shit, especially when it's shot by some guy walking around with a small video camera.

Can't wait to test the MarkV. If I love the V I'll buy it and sell the TA & 2:90. Then I'd also need a GCX switcher, sell my g-maj and buy the new g-maj2 and buy a boost pedal for ch2 etc etc. :D

danyeo":g7jggqxe said:
ejecta":g7jggqxe said:
SgtThump":g7jggqxe said:
ejecta":g7jggqxe said:

Only the combos sound boxy not the heads on a good cabinet, at least to me. I can find video clips of any amp that sound like shit, especially when it's shot by some guy walking around with a small video camera.

Oh I understand but I had heads too and they were boxy or maybe it was the cab I dont know. I still would love to hear one in person. :rock:

ejecta":2c2jixu4 said:

Mark series are definitely boxy, no way around that. Playing a head through a large cab masks that somewhat, but it's still always there. :LOL: :LOL:

The lead channel in this vid sounds very similar to my IV, you're buying into an improved R2 and a lots of extra switches to manipulate the tone imo with this release...

Back