20th Anniversary Washburn N4 Nuno Bettencourt Model

yngzaklynch

http://forums.washburn.com/post.asp?met ... ORUM_ID=16

n4xx.jpg

Two things really stick out at me: The thin top and the HUGE cavity for a single volume knob.

Code001":27xfr629 said:
Two things really stick out at me: The thin top and the HUGE cavity for a single volume knob.
Maybe the huge cavity is in case someone special ordered some pickup options or room for self modding?? I do not know, but that is the only logical answer I can come up with.

Qweklain":3mzus2me said:
Code001":3mzus2me said:
Maybe the huge cavity is in case someone special ordered some pickup options or room for self modding?? I do not know, but that is the only logical answer I can come up with.

I am thinking basic cnc programming with the standard cavity, guess if one wanted to mod the guitar yeah they have the room.

That top has to be thin due to the forearm conture or the top would break during bending. Too thick and the main tone wood would be too thin or if you went with the same tone wood width lots of carving would have to happen and that would be a waste. I know that Jackson and GMW limit the top thickness for lam tops to 1/8th and carve tops can go 5/8ths.

Like I said before - love the look, LOVE the oil finish. I think the price is absurd, to be honest. I don't buy the $400 for the top...I've seen nicer koa top pieces for less than half that. I mean, it's worth whatever anybody feels like paying, but I just think they're stretching a lot talking about $5k. Then again it might be one of the most badass sounding guitars ever, so at that point the price doesn't matter...

Back