High Gain Amp Shootout, Saturday June 20th, Hollywood, CA.

James Lugo

Event:
High Gain Amp Shootout
Saturday June 20th 2pm on
@
Vocal Asylum
6381 Hollywood Blvd Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(corner of Hollywood and Cahuenga)
(Press #700 at door for entry)
818 259 0190

Amps:
Diezel Herbert
Marshall 71' Super Tremolo, Friedman mod, (BE, C45, HBE) EL34's
Marshall 77' JMP MK II, Friedman mod, (BE, C45, HBE) 6550's
Marshall 74' Super Lead
Mesa Boogie 2 Channel Dual Racto
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM800 Re-issue
ENGL Screamer 50
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Soldano Avenger
Roccaforte Ultra50 (vintage)
Wallace Abaddon
Splawn modded 1959 RI
Surreal C.M. 50
VHT Deliverance 120
Rivera KR-7
Bugera 333 XL
CAE/Suhr OD100SE+ with El34s
Elmwood M90
DAR Power Tone
Bogner Fish hopefully with the Cantrell mod
The brand new Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
Axe Fx
Soldano SLO 100
EVH 5150 3
EVH 5150
Randall RM100 with mods
Bogner Ubershall
Diezel VH4
Angry Hippie modded Marshall
Friedman Marsha
Jose modded Marshall
Suhr PT100
Friedman modded Ampeg vl1002
Caswell modded Marshall '59 RI

Who in LA is into this and wants to bring their amps to the shootout? Looking for Bogners, Soldanos, Egnators, VHTs, Diezels, Boogies, Camerons, Riveras, Wizards, Randalls, 5150's etc... Who's into this? Any manufacturers want to bring anything by?

This is gonna rock. We're gonna do the identical thing with each amp;
- 2 or 3 song clips (rhythm & lead) - different players on each clip to show styles. Different guitar each clip.
- Play solo guitar and turn knobs and switch channels with each amp, to show range.

The focus of this is going to be heavy rock to metal sounds. Everything will be recorded and video taped. I will post everything.

Please RSVP on this thread and list amps you want to bring. Also email me if you're bringing amps; james@jameslugo.com If you have no amps you are still welcome to come, everyone is invited! Would love to maybe get a shredder guitar player on board, I don't practice these days so my chops are kind of haggard. If you want to play on the shootout email me.

So there it is, let's do this. Please list the amps you are bringing on this thread.

Would you be interested in checking out the Egnater Seminar amp I built? Pretty high gain...

Steve

I'm in, and would love to play leads and rhythms on the recordings! I can do some shredding if ya want!! :rock:
Bringing:
Marshall cab w/ v30s and greenies too

Brian

should see if anyone has a Koch Supernova that thing is intense way way high gain amp :D

i'd love to come but i don't have a passport..yet.. Props bro!!!

Lespaul1981":3tdby0c0 said:
I'm in, and would love to play leads and rhythms on the recordings! I can do some shredding if ya want!! :rock:
Bringing:
Marshall cab w/ v30s and greenies too

Brian

Sounds great, added your amps to the list, let's talk tomorrow.

James

James i got a soldano slo 100, evh 5150 3,evh 5150, randall rm100 with mods, bogner ubershall, diezel vh4, Angry Hippie modded marshall, My new amp Marsha and a jose modded marshall But you need to send a van for them all. Call me

RACKSYSTEMS":2vq29ocx said:
James i got a soldano slo 100, evh 5150 3,evh 5150, randall rm100 with mods, bogner ubershall, diezel vh4, Angry Hippie modded marshall, My new amp Marsha and a jose modded marshall But you need to send a van for them all. Call me

:shocked: Nice collection !
If we get all these amps on tape, it will be probably the ultimate high gain amp shootout we could ever dream of.
:rock:

Thanks for doing that James.

Perhaps you could also get a PT 100 from Suhr.

James Lugo":gyafjf19 said:
The focus of this is going to be heavy rock to metal sounds. Everything will be recorded and video taped. I will post everything.

I would so be into this if I lived closer. Good luck with the endeavour :thumbsup:

James Lugo":20kcvkyu said:
sah5150":20kcvkyu said:
Would you be interested in checking out the Egnater Seminar amp I built? Pretty high gain...

Steve

Yup, are you in LA?
OC. but I could easily get out there...

Steve

I'm scheduled to be doing some tracking on the 20th but if that falls through I may be able to make it. I've got a number of amps, but would probably bring the VHT D60/D412 rig.

Dave,
what type of mod do you do to the VL 1002? i sent mine too lee and he fixed the heaters, the thing with the light and disconnected the lock. it's pretty cramped in the head case do you add or subtract stuff? thanks

krid":4tklaxo9 said:
RACKSYSTEMS":4tklaxo9 said:

:shocked: Nice collection !
If we get all these amps on tape, it will be probably the ultimate high gain amp shootout we could ever dream of.
:rock:

Thanks for doing that James.

Perhaps you could also get a PT 100 from Suhr.

Tip of the iceberg in terms of what Friedman has access to... every significant amp in history. I've seen the room and almost wet myself.

Back