Intelligent Pitch - Harmonizers???

PeteLaramee

What are some units (preferably rack units) that can harmonize in non-diatonic scales? I'd like to be able to program harmonies in Harmonic-, Melodic-, Hungarian-, etc...!?!?

Can the G Major II do this?

id like to know this too

all of the ones i know that exist you have to program the corresponding key and major/minor root notes so it harmonizes correctly. to be able to do it automatically to a preset range in every key would be nice.

PeteLaramee":2s8l5yqc said:
What are some units (preferably rack units) that can harmonize in non-diatonic scales? I'd like to be able to program harmonies in Harmonic-, Melodic-, Hungarian-, etc...!?!?

I believe every diatonic shifter I've used had the ability to program your own scales. H3000, G-Force, Axe-Fx.

glpg80":1osho0wz said:
id like to know this too

all of the ones i know that exist you have to program the corresponding key and major/minor root notes so it harmonizes correctly. to be able to do it automatically to a preset range in every key would be nice.

So there! Now, Pete, let's hear you do some Hungarian harmonies... and video so you can do that crazy Hungarian dancin' at the same time. You KNOW that's why you want a harmonizer.

Bob Savage":1aepscuu said:
PeteLaramee":1aepscuu said:

I believe every diatonic shifter I've used had the ability to program your own scales. H3000, G-Force, Axe-Fx.
That's cool. I had a G-Force a few years ago, but didn't look into it at the time. :doh:

It would be ideal if the GMajorII has this since I already have a G Major and I'm assuming the changeover wouldn't be THAT much of a pain in the ass.

Bob Savage":352sl4qo said:
glpg80":352sl4qo said:
id like to know this too

So there! Now, Pete, let's hear you do some Hungarian harmonies... and video so you can do that crazy Hungarian dancin' at the same time. You KNOW that's why you want a harmonizer.
...hmm...vids would be cool. I just need to drop another 10 pounds and I'll wear only a banana hammock and some nipple clamps.

PeteLaramee":8pl035sg said:
Bob Savage":8pl035sg said:
glpg80":8pl035sg said:
id like to know this too

...hmm...vids would be cool. I just need to drop another 10 pounds and I'll wear only a banana hammock and some nipple clamps.

I'm getting hard as we speak.

That aside, besides the aforementioned items, there's also the Intellipitch, Digitech DHP and IPS series, Yamaha SPX1000 and probably a plethora of other units I'm forgetting. Search HRI to find a list of them all.

hey pete, i had the gmajor and i couldnt find it in the pitch shifting menus or anything. let me know if you do find it in there somewhere :D

hey bob thanks for that information. just to clarify to make sure i understand - they have the ability to be programmed by the mode you play in, rather than a simple base key note and will adjust with you if you continue to merge up and down that mode range as long as you stay in that key, correct?

glpg80":y4ps1riq said:
hey pete, i had the gmajor and i couldnt find it in the pitch shifting menus or anything. let me know if you do find it in there somewhere :D

hey bob thanks for that information. just to clarify to make sure i understand - they have the ability to be programmed by the mode you play in, rather than a simple base key note and will adjust with you if you continue to merge up and down that mode range as long as you stay in that key, correct?
Did you have the G Major? Or G Major II? I have the original and it doesn't have "intelligent" anything. :LOL: :LOL:

PeteLaramee":2ue2v14y said:
glpg80":2ue2v14y said:

Did you have the G Major? Or G Major II? I have the original and it doesn't have "intelligent" anything. :LOL: :LOL:

The way the knobs fall off is fairly intelligent. :D

Code001":2lq4eq5o said:
PeteLaramee":2lq4eq5o said:
glpg80":2lq4eq5o said:

The way the knobs fall off is fairly intelligent. :D
:LOL: :LOL: I've heard about this, but have had two gmajors with out any problems. In fact I dropped one of them twice (once on concrete and once on my dick while I was free-bagging and only wearing loose shorts and sitting on a hard wooden chair :cry: ) and never had any issues with the unit (well, not the g-major unit). :LOL: :LOL:

one of the knobs fell off of mine. i just popped it back on though! :LOL: :LOL:

it never came off again. excellent unit but it didnt do what i needed. ill be going for the more expensive GCX/MIDI/pedal setup.

analog tuning and changing effects lines makes more sense that way to me :)

glpg80":1xfg3ifi said:

It's been years since I played around with custom scales, but as I recall you setup the scale itself, then assign your intervals for harmonizing.

The G Major II does it very poorly, that's why I'm not using one. I'd try to find one of the older Digitech units like the ips 33 of dhp 55 if you can't go the Eventide or AxFx route.

chunktone":2f3t8dtf said:
The G Major II does it very poorly, that's why I'm not using one. I'd try to find one of the older Digitech units like the ips 33 of dhp 55 if you can't go the Eventide or AxFx route.
That's cool. I'll try the 33 or 55. I just can't justify getting any Eventide or Axefx just for the harmonizer.

digitech ips 33 or 55.. cool. anyone had any experience with the g-force unit that can give feedback on it? is it as bad as the GII's?

Back