Who does the best Jose sounding mod?

+1 on the Friedman, especially with the new saturation switch he adds. The Freidman mods cover a lot of ground in the hot rodded marsahall field. :rock:

I don't know. Every time I think about going down the mod road with my metro build I just step on a couple of the pedals I have and couldn't imagine a mod sounding any better. I used to have a '78 2203 that Soldano modded and it did sound good but ultimately, recordings of the amp stock with a Barber Small Fry in front were better. Plus when I just want glorious original 1959 tone I have it. I've never heard a modded amp be able to do it's great original sound afterwards, even if there is a switch that says it will.

I would much rather try a production amp that the modders offer, like a Bones or the CCV100 (good luck on that one). Definitely an SLO one day.

Jerry, there are lots of good modders out there like namely Mike Fortin, Dave Friedman, JerrP, etc.
It's something that I will probably do as well once I find a good deal on a JMP.

You also might want to try Egnater amps since they have tons of Marshall flavored modules
like SL2x, EG3/4 and EG5. Happy with my M4 by the way. :thumbsup:

jerrydyer":1e5gbz1g said:
you see that i meg with the drawings on the back

??????????

Do you mean the components in parallel with the MV pot? Zener diodes would be a good guess. Solid-state clipper.

yeah, no big deal but when it was originally posted no one noticed it for quite a while. I was making a joke and a fake pat on the back kinda thing. Sense of humor never translates well over forums. Jose sketch of diodes and sometimes other components were kind of his own versions of the real symbol.

cliffc8488":1404dbmg said:
jerrydyer":1404dbmg said:
you see that i meg with the drawings on the back

??????????

Do you mean the components in parallel with the MV pot? Zener diodes would be a good guess. Solid-state clipper.
They are zeners.

Yo Cliff - model that circuit above for the Axe-FX! It is accurate to the old Jose Arredondo mods... Lotsa people would dig it! I'd use it in my Ultra that's for sure...

Steve

locoed":2qm0kpz3 said:
Mailman1971":2qm0kpz3 said:
Check this one out........
Voodoo modded Jose HG

Sounds really awesome! :rock:

I dig that tone,and Voodoo was my first thought when i was thinking about doing this,BUT!My buddy had them mod a Soldano and it made a horrible buzzing sound,not all the time,but every now and then it would pop and buzz,i kinda think they became kind of big and with big comes sloppy and lazy,i could be wrong IMO.On the other hand i've heard alot of good stuff from them to.
Seem to be the mod of choice.

This is the first I have heard of this however if we did Mod his Soldano and if it is not working 100% perfectly then please have him call me Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST (NY time) at 607-256-0465. Please have him as to speak with me and I will do what ever it takes to ensure he is happy.

Thank you
Trace

Thanks,but while that sounds good,i need something that sounds pissed off.That sounded IMO
more bluesy then metal.
I'll let him know to call you,but i think he sent it to Soldano,Mike is pretty cool about
stuff like that.

locoed":2ip1bv46 said:
Thanks,but while that sounds good,i need something that sounds pissed off.That sounded IMO
more bluesy then metal.
I'll let him know to call you,but i think he sent it to Soldano,Mike is pretty cool about
stuff like that.

Video Clip - There is more gain on tap than what is demonstrated in this clip. The gentleman dialed in the amp to what he enjoyed. For those interested there are some other clips on YouTube. As always we can Custom Mod the tone to accommodate each player’s needs (IE: more gain, less gain, bigger bottom, etc).

Ultra Gain Jose Mod - If a player needs more gain we have a new UG-Jose Mod that adds an additional gain stage. It’s a great deal of gain and is specifically intended for aggressive metal players. For those who want the best of both worlds or who currently have the HG-Jose Mod, we can also install a mini toggle switch so players can select between the HG and UG modes.

Modded SLO - While it may go without saying, we would not send out an amp with a hum issue as no good would come from that. Please PM me your friend's name and phone number so that we can confirm that we Modded the amp you are referring to. Once I have the serial number I will call Mike Soldano and speak with him. We stand behind our work and if in fact this does has something to do with our work we will make it right.

Many thanks & have a great day! :)
Trace

As we have received emails regarding this thread I thought I would post here - Our HG-Jose Mod is not the same as the schematic that has been posted on this forum. While that is a cool sounding circuit Jose performed many different Mods. We also worked on the Jose modded Marshall Mick Mars used on Motley Crue's “Dr Feelgood“ album. It is a very cool amp and capable of a lot of many different tones but nails those tones perfectly. It was voiced with Celestion Greenbacks and while it works with other speaker types it sounds best with Greenbacks. Much like most of his amps we have worked on it used all tube distortion (no zeners). Also a majority of these have the Master Volume after the EQ section.

Have a great day guys!
Trace

voodooamps":386ywcks said:
As we have received emails regarding this thread I thought I would post here - Our HG-Jose Mod is not the same as the schematic that has been posted on this forum. While that is a cool sounding circuit Jose performed many different Mods. We also worked on the Jose modded Marshall Mick Mars used on Motley Crue's “Dr Feelgood“ album. It is a very cool amp and capable of a lot of many different tones but nails those tones perfectly. It was voiced with Celestion Greenbacks and while it works with other speaker types it sounds best with Greenbacks. Much like most of his amps we have worked on it used all tube distortion (no zeners). Also a majority of these have the Master Volume after the EQ section.

Have a great day guys!
Trace
I have to ask,if i'm not happy with my sound,because let's face it,what i hear between my ears is
not the same as anybody else and may be hard to describe,will you take it back and try to change
the tone? without charging? i just woke up so i'm probably not speaking english.

locoed":1qg05fqo said:
more bluesy then metal.
stuff like that.

This pissed off sounding enough for you lol

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/6-test.mp3

Fortin California mod.
The Best Modded Marshall Ive ever played and Ive played an assload of them ;)

bmf5150":36kxgavo said:
some one talented with the computer program needs to make a board layout pic of the jose schematic.
I've posted it stan - go to my thread. Not only is it the whole board layout. It is also switchable between straight plexi and the jose master and rodded 800 mode. What more do you need? :)

Steve

Here ya go, Stan:

board%20layout.jpg

Steve

Gainfreak":20yc6ih3 said:
locoed":20yc6ih3 said:
more bluesy then metal.
stuff like that.

Fortin California mod.

No,but it sounds pretty dam good.I play dry,no verb,no delay.And no EVH :D

Gainfreak":2vwi1opk said:
locoed":2vwi1opk said:
more bluesy then metal.
stuff like that.

Fortin California mod.

Cameron's have a much more aggressive mid range bark to my ears

232cap":2giy3ij8 said:
+1 on the Friedman, especially with the new saturation switch he adds. The Freidman mods cover a lot of ground in the hot rodded marsahall field. :rock:

+2 on the Friedman, we've had and played them all and the Friedman is amazing and versatile.

Back