Where is Jake E Lee now?

nikki-k":2uzwx298 said:
Huh. Sidney (Tasha, drums/vocals) has been tweeting to other bands/musicians trying to line up gigs for 3 Day Crush, the band Jake is in now. Then again, she is in 3-4 bands, so who knows what is up. Just wish he would get something going and record a proper album.

I agree. we need a proper studio album from one of the greatest of all time.

sah5150":3a0wfj7d said:
EXPcustom":3a0wfj7d said:
Always wondered what he was up to.

When was the last official Jake E Lee sighting?

:cry:
I believe he's at the other end of a glass pipe filled with crystal methedrine right now...

Steve

not like this I hope...

sah5150":2mxnwjtw said:
headlessdeadguy":2mxnwjtw said:
Ayrton":2mxnwjtw said:
He looks a little plump to be a meth head....

So does she. :confused:
There are actually plenty of fat meth heads. They did a special on meth on HBO a while back and I was shocked at how many of them were fat considering the stereotype and what you'd expect with a speed-type drug...

Steve

I wonder if it's the speed that makes them thin, rather than the meth?

This stuff is close to my heart because I've been seeing a girl that I know used to be a meth head, but then supposedly got out of it and turned her life around. But she's been acting quite strange lately and also her weight keeps going down and up- she looks too skinny compared to photos of her from the last few years (maybe she was on meth but not speed so managed to keep her weight up?) and worse looks really drawn out in her face (and yet still hot!), I've been getting the feeling she's still occasionally using speed...it's worrying me sick.

This stuff is close to my heart because I've been seeing a girl that I know used to be a meth head, but then supposedly got out of it and turned her life around. But she's been acting quite strange lately and also her weight keeps going down and up- she looks too skinny compared to photos of her from the last few years (maybe she was on meth but not speed so managed to keep her weight up?) and worse looks really drawn out in her face (and yet still hot!), I've been getting the feeling she's still occasionally using speed...it's worrying me sick.
sah5150":1mt9zknz said:
headlessdeadguy":1mt9zknz said:
Ayrton":1mt9zknz said:

Man....I feel for your situation and Ive been down this road before. I thought I could change her behaviour. I tried to ignore the telltale signs, as it didnt seem to be an every day thing for her. I was laying in bed worrying and thinking about it every night. I finnaly cut her loose and moved on. Best move I ever made. I dont have time for that shit in my life....no matter how good the sex was. Sadly, she got in a car accident and died about 6 months after our split.

The experts say that once you've gone down that road with meth for a certain amount of time, your brain gets irreversibly hardwired and you can never go back to being totally straight. It ruins you and you'll be a junkie (of some sort) for life.

gtrwun":1f76su9o said:
sah5150":1f76su9o said:
headlessdeadguy":1f76su9o said:
Ayrton":1f76su9o said:

Man....I feel for your situation and Ive been down this road before. I thought I could change her behaviour. I tried to ignore the telltale signs, as it didnt seem to be an every day thing for her. I was laying in bed worrying and thinking about it every night. I finnaly cut her loose and moved on. Best move I ever made. I dont have time for that shit in my life....no matter how good the sex was. Sadly, she got in a car accident and died about 6 months after our split.

I have been down a similar road before. You can't compete with the drugs or the addiction. As hard as it is, you have to cut it off and save yourself a world of heartache, pain and cash.

chumbucket":1ifrl3iv said:
The experts say that once you've gone down that road with meth for a certain amount of time, your brain gets irreversibly hardwired and you can never go back to being totally straight. It ruins you and you'll be a junkie (of some sort) for life.
True.
I had a friend whose boyfriend was a great guitar player, got into meth and crack, totally gone. Seemed like he was closer to 50 or so when he was actually only 25. He would get clean for months, and then.. tick tick.. bang, back on the pipe (and who knows what else). All chemical/substance based addictions (including alcohol) "rewire" the brain. I will not go into other neuronal ramblings, lol.

chumbucket":9xt4l3zy said:

That's the sad thing about addiction in general. With most, the best that you will ever be is "recovering". Which means... on ANY day at ANY time, you can make one bad decision and be right back in the middle of your living hell. The relapse rate for many addicts is VERY high. Not matter how big of a change in life, that monkey is never very far away -- even after years of sobriety. That's how real addictions are (I'm not talking about recreational use or experimentation here).

Anyways... after reading this thread I too have no real closure as to what's going-on in Jake's life. I sincerely hope that it just is a disillusionment with the big music biz, like it's been with so many other former guitar greats (Vito Bratta anyone?). I certainly can understand that sentiment. The record companies are vampires that suck your musical soul dry so they can make a buck and leave you dead on the side of the road (until they sense that they can make another buck off of you -- then they'll pick you up, and push you back out on-stage -- Brittney Spears anyone?).

gtrwun":bvmtjk2r said:
sah5150":bvmtjk2r said:
headlessdeadguy":bvmtjk2r said:
Ayrton":bvmtjk2r said:

Thank you. It sounds like you've been through what I'm going through now. I am sad to see that she died after you two split up.
Yeah you're right about the sex too- she's a nymphomaniac. She has a tendency to be promiscuous even when I am away at work (out of town), so I try to keep the relationship "open" but it still eats me up inside knowing she could have someone else there. We just try not to talk about it. But what worries me more if she's getting it on with other speed freaks or meth heads that will drag her down. She reckons she's trying to stay away from a past meth mate (and fuck buddy) that is now a smack addict, because she wants to move on in her life and get on with her career which she loves, and knows she can't be tired to do that work. Despite putting a VRO on him for constant stalkery abuse (ringing her up constantly, standing at her front door at night, even spiking her drink because she foolishly hung out with him one morning) she still walks her dogs at night where he stabbed her in the dark with a flick knife and pushed her onto the footpath so much that her ribs broke. But she's been taking all this prescribed medication to get away from that shit as well as painkillers & antidepressants, such as Serapax, Mogadon, Topamax, Panadeine Forte, and then gets pissed on wine or liquor while taking it. I get her to eat to get past that stuff, it helps in the short term but she eventually goes back.
She offered me to share her house with her, which I thought GREAT I'll have extra room for my guitar gear & set up a proper recording studio space, and be with her more, but then in would eat me up inside if I came home early and found her high on speed and shagging the dealer. I was dropping by the local supermarket one day and spotted her getting money from an ATM with some strange bloke and his car. I walked by and waved then rang her phone but she didn't look or answer, not until later when she just said "I can't talk now...I can't talk now, love you" then hung up. If you love someone then you'd be able to talk to them at any time, or at least say it quickly then ring later.

I think you're right I might have to cut her off and move on. I told a close friend of mine about this and he said "Charity begins at home".

Red_Label":1f1481ub said:
chumbucket":1f1481ub said:

That's the sad thing about addiction in general. With most, the best that you will ever be is "recovering". Which means... on ANY day at ANY time, you can make one bad decision and be right back in the middle of your living hell. The relapse rate for many addicts is VERY high. Not matter how big of a change in life, that monkey is never very far away -- even after years of sobriety. That's how real addictions are (I'm not talking about recreational use or experimentation here).

Gosh,,,,,,,,,,

I guess that is why she slips here and there. Her brain is really fucked up, irreversibly hardwired.

It was weird one day when I was at her place, she was adamant for me to set my alarm to ring early, as she had an appointment the next morning. She kept saying it until later that night when she changed gears and reckoned she made that all up and just wanted to get high and stay up all night, and that she hadn't worked for two weeks (this was two weeks after the flick knife in the park incident). She rang up some bloke to buy drugs from, got changed, I got worked up so left the room for about 20 minutes, came back and found her fast asleep in her clothes on her bed. I stayed with her and her phone kept ringing from the guy that had the drugs, but she never woke up or answered it. She later woke up, we were together and she said absolutely nothing at all about that guy or drugs, she went back to the story of next morning's appointment. We got up early the next morning and she left to go that appointment, as she said she would. But about a week later she was hanging out with that drug guy...

It's so weird....she'll be normal and very professional with her work and fun to hang around, not just at home but other places too. But then there are these episodes- I guess that is her slipping and doing the occasional speed? I hope not meth as well...

Sorry to tell you but Meth IS speed. So if she's been trying to tell you she isnt up to the same old stuff, sorry. Speed=Meth.

petejt":3nexkcrx said:
Gosh,,,,,,,,,,

I guess that is why she slips here and there. Her brain is really fucked up, irreversibly hardwired.

It was weird one day when I was at her place, she was adamant for me to set my alarm to ring early, as she had an appointment the next morning. She kept saying it until later that night when she changed gears and reckoned she made that all up and just wanted to get high and stay up all night, and that she hadn't worked for two weeks (this was two weeks after the flick knife in the park incident). She rang up some bloke to buy drugs from, got changed, I got worked up so left the room for about 20 minutes, came back and found her fast asleep in her clothes on her bed. I stayed with her and her phone kept ringing from the guy that had the drugs, but she never woke up or answered it. She later woke up, we were together and she said absolutely nothing at all about that guy or drugs, she went back to the story of next morning's appointment. We got up early the next morning and she left to go that appointment, as she said she would. But about a week later she was hanging out with that drug guy...

It's so weird....she'll be normal and very professional with her work and fun to hang around, not just at home but other places too. But then there are these episodes- I guess that is her slipping and doing the occasional speed? I hope not meth as well...

Dang dood... that's a hard road you're walking there. I truly feel for you. I expect that you'll grow hollow and empty eventually and have to walk away to save yourself. People bent on these sorts of self-destructive journeys often take loved-ones along for the ride. Truly sad. Good luck and hopefully she'll bottom-out in time to straighten-out and realize how lucky she is to have someone like you watching over her. :aww:

Its really tough to make these kind of decisions when you care/love someone or something. Maybe this isnt a fair comparison....but last Friday I had to put my 15 year old cat down. She had stomach cancer. She wasnt in pain yet, but was down to 4 lbs. Dr said it was time. I cried like a little girl. Its weird how I seem to have more compassion for animals than humans....but Ive always been that way. Anyhow....you gotta make the call man. I'd say from the stories your telling, its time to put that relationship down....and move on. Sorry we got a bit off topic here guys.

EXPcustom":39tccgsy said:
I know there was a few collectors that wound up with all of Robin Crosby's Jacksons.

A few years ago there was an 18 year old kid who had 3 (!) of Robin's custom Jackson Firebirds AND Road Case clothing rack.

Sorry to change the subject.

gtrwun":1roxh0pq said:
Its really tough to make these kind of decisions when you care/love someone or something. Maybe this isnt a fair comparison....but last Friday I had to put my 15 year old cat down. She had stomach cancer. She wasnt in pain yet, but was down to 4 lbs. Dr said it was time. I cried like a little girl. Its weird how I seem to have more compassion for animals than humans....but Ive always been that way. Anyhow....you gotta make the call man. I'd say from the stories your telling, its time to put that relationship down....and move on. Sorry we got a bit off topic here guys.

:aww:

I hear you about animals. I've put-down many cats and several dogs over the years and it only gets harder. I've always done the right thing and put them down before they started suffering. I owed them that. But it was tough every time. Cried like a baby when I put my 18 year old cat down years ago. My ex and I had adopted him as a kitten from the shelter and his end was a kind of precursor to the end of our marriage. So it was an extra tough thing that still hurts (and it's been 6 years).

Gonna have to put down my pomeranian soon. She's got a tumor in her brain. We're controlling her seizures with meds, but I've told my kids that we're going to have to do it one of these days soon. Gonna be hard. I rescued her from a shelter about 8 years ago and she's such a sweetie... :cry:

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Just wanted to chime-in on this subject. I've got a real soft spot for animals...

fluff191":2lmsdd7v said:
EXPcustom":2lmsdd7v said:
I know there was a few collectors that wound up with all of Robin Crosby's Jacksons.

A few years ago there was an 18 year old kid who had 3 (!) of Robin's custom Jackson Firebirds AND Road Case clothing rack.

Sorry to change the subject.

I dont know how anyone can buy such items knowing that it is just feeding an addiction...

Back