THE Rockman thread

Senor Cleavage":28pdcn78 said:
This guy gets really close with a Zoom G3. Yes, a Zoom. :yes:

That sure sounds like Brad Delp singing. How were the guitars remixed? Just curious.

Here's a Rockman rig that is packaged in a RMC Modular Headcase:

DSCN2389_zpsv0nvurnt.jpg

It's a pretty cool looking rig. That's one of the neat things about the Rockmodules. You can piece together your own system.

rbc":2usfws4a said:
Here's a Rockman rig that is packaged in a RMC Modular Headcase:

DSCN2389_zpsv0nvurnt.jpg

It's a pretty cool looking rig. That's one of the neat things about the Rockmodules. You can piece together your own system.
Cool rig.. I almost went down that road way back when...

He's a good friend of mine..He knows his rockman gear really well.He was a huge help in getting me up and running.Ive seen him use that rig live and it sounded incredible.There's a lot of factors and ingriedients that need to be in place for it to sound right, and he has em all down,including how the f.o.h. runs it.Now, if he can get a hyperspace pedal together;lookout!

David "SG" Ferringer put together a video using a Rockman Sustainor 200. Here's the chain he used:

1) Ego Compressor >
2) Rockman EQ > (Used on Clean Channel)
3) Y Splitter B > Sustainors All Return (Clean Channel)
4) Y Splitter A > AMT SS11a > Sustainors Distortion/Edge Return (Dist Channel)
5) Pedal Board >
6) Digitech MEQ > (critical in shaping the post freqs and db levels )
7) Rockman Chorus > (Stereo)
8) Reverb > (Stereo)
9) PC Sound Card

It's kind of interesting that he used an AMT SS11a in front of the distortion circuit of the Sustainor. He also substituted a different compressor, bypassing the Rockman compressor and gate, going directly into the Sustainor effects returns. It's worth pointing out that the Sustainor effects loop is before the built in distortion circuit, not after.

Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTndmYkVxw

racerevlon":2ucvqgqi said:
You can turn a Digitech MEQ-14 into a PGE-2 fairly easily.

I see that the Rockman-Repair.com website offers this for the Digitech MEQ-14:
http://www.rockman-repair.com/

Stage 2 Refurb $600

Applies to all 3 Digitech Models:
Digitech Dual 14
Digitech Mono 28
Digitech Quad 4
Consists of:
A pre-work Operations Check.
Replacing of all Electrolytic Capacitors.
Selector Replacement. This updated selector is less prone to physical damage.
Memory Battery Conversion to 3 AAAs
Resoldering of key Solder Joints.
Multi-Point Inspection.
Ruggedization. "Road-Worthy" anti-vibration techniques.
A post-work Operations Check

Note: Minor repairs are covered

I was curious of what exactly is the mod for the Digitech MEQ-14?

Guitar George

rbc":l9uwwm10 said:
I thought I'd offer an update. My Rockman rig has been coming along. I'm just starting to mess with EQ's.
I remember Dave Mustaine and Chris Poland had Rockman Sustainors on the Peace Sells tour. I was lucky enough to see them in an old movie theater in Honolulu. The stage was pretty small and you could see all their gear in the rack blinking away. Good times :thumbsup:

So... I just found a lovely X100... has the original packaging/boxes... sent her off to an AWESOME guy named Mike, who replaced all the caps, cleaned all the sliders, replaced the input gain, resoldered all of the joints... sounds JUST like I remember from the 80's!!! Woot! So much fun...

AND, it doesn't matter if I'm running direct into monitors, in the front of my amp, or in the effects loop, this frakkin' thing sounds the same anywhere... so funny!

However, has anyone ever run a boost into the front end to get a little more distortion/gain? Not sure I want to, just curious... great sustain on chords, but chugs are severely lacking!

Back