Name your 1st guitar and amp!!

Mailman1971

Mine.....
Fender Squire Bullet(Made in Japan Strat Body with a Tele neck)
Peavey backstage plus.
Dod American metal pedal.

That was GOD TONE to me back in the early 80's....... :LOL: :LOL:

Share and post some pics if you still got it!! :thumbsup:

Sears SG with a crappy wannabe Bigsby (sort of) trem. I wanted it because it looked 'evil,' just like Angus Young's. First amp? A Marlboro 15 watt SS combo.

And someone always remarks 'A Marlboro amp? I bet it smoked. lol' For the record? Nope. Not even if you set it on fire...

No pics of the first, but here is one of my second guitar... A Harmony V.

jet85a.jpg

Yes, those are genuine red electrical tape fret dots, custom installed by me.

Mailman, I saw your Electra. I remember that shape! I cannot find any pics of my Electra, turns out a lot of my old pics disappeared around the time I was divorced...

Westfield SG copy, the amp that came with it, but that doesn't count.

Marshall MG15DFX and a Metalzone, thought I had Toanzzz.

Now I'm rockin an LTD Mh400 and a Peavey 5150 II with the essential pedals + delay, wah and comp for cleans. I have such a generic metalcore rig but I don't like core haha. :D

M.I.J. Squier strat and solid-state Fender amp 8" combo

Edit: actually long before that when I was about 5 my parents bought me a jr. size acoustic :)

Death by Uberschall":1iyw900u said:
Still have them, they were my dad's, bought new.

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special
1957 Fender Deluxe 5E3

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg
I think that beats my old Squire bullet by a inch or 2........ :LOL: :LOL:

Wow....did you even realize what you had back then?
;)

Mine was a "West" red Strat copy with 3 single-coils a la Brad Gillis and a Peavey 15-Watt SS combo with a Tube Screamer.

The West Strat was, in my teen years routed out to accommodate humbuckers in the bridge and neck, so now it is H-S-H, but the 'buckers are cream (cuz that's all that was laying around--a Super Distortion in the bridge and a Super 2 in the neck). In my 20's I took a Dremel tool to frets 13-21 and scalloped them (poorly). I don't have the amp any more (I'll try and find a pic on-line) and I have to dig into the back of my closet to get the West out, but I'll get a pic up soon.

Cheers,

I traded my skateboard for my first guitar. I'm not sure what brand it was because it had been butchered up. I remember it had a little lightbulb in between the pickups. I stuck with it so my dad bought me a blue Olympic strat style guitar and a little Gorilla amp that Christmas.

Mailman1971":gjajt28c said:
Death by Uberschall":gjajt28c said:
Still have them, they were my dad's, bought new.

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special
1957 Fender Deluxe 5E3

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg
I think that beats my old Squire bullet by a inch or 2........ :LOL: :LOL:

Wow....did you even realize what you had back then?
;)
20yrs ago, not really. Today, YES.
If I remember correctly he paid $125 or $175 for both new in 1957.

Well I had a POS First Act mini acoustic back in the day, but I never really actually played on that, and it broke

So I consider my Mexican Strat to be my first guitar. Ran that into a Marshall MG10CD. When I got a BOSS ML-2 Metalcore the next month I was in br00tal heaven :LOL: :LOL:

first guitar was a hand made classical guitar my uncle brought to me from south america. it sounds just like willie nelson's guitar - even looks as beat up but without the hole...first electric was a Peavey T-30 with a Backstage Plus amp...

I can't even remember what my first amp was. Maybe a .5 watt Roland. I do know it was junk and I was always trying to mod it for better sound, swapped out the speaker with some "hi-fi" replacement deal from Radio Shack. First pedal, again... dunno DOD, I think. one button, one knob, yellow, 20 bucks on special at Guitar Center...

And for the crown jewel of do doo... my first guitar was a Conn. What a con ;) . Total hunk of shit. plastic tuning pegs. the thing stayed in tune for about 45 seconds. Maple (looking, prolly pine) neck and body. Clear coat only. As I understand it, Conn makes decent wind instruments. Shitty fucking electric guitars though.

Oh, and I really wanted that Explorer with the built in amp and effects too :rock:

Hohner student scale tele with 1 pickup. A black coilly cable and a fuzzy little 1x10 amp called a quantom. I soon save my allowance and scored a bandit. Man I was cool then :LOL: :LOL:

Back