Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Nov 22, 2017 9:43am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 6505+ bias adjustment
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 6:50pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

i know the original 5150/6505 doesnt have a bias adjustment on it, and people mod that for having one. i know the II/+ models have a bias adjustment but the window of adjustment is very very small. what needs to be done on the 5150II/6505+ in order to get that window to open up ?? a different pot with more adjustability, or does a resistor need to be changed ??

KIESEL Guitars and KSR Amps

GOOD DEALS: bionicmark, diezelduder, mraajr, tehuk, ldm(laura), stratotone, mortega76, sandman, moshaholic, nothingeined, Dimebag11, goldwing68nv, Juggernaut, briango2000, srommes, MetalHead, xkalibur38, sjk, charvelstrat81, gsxrbusa, mudfo0t, Ams2ek, The Traveller, XSSIVE, holy-diver, sevenstringer, guitarnate2000

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 7:15pm 
Rock God

the 6505+ needs a bias mod to be adjusted, unless they changed the design in recent years. :confused:

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 7:34pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

mine has a bias adjustment ... it is factory. only the original 5150/6505 models didnt come with a bias adjustment from what i understand. the only thing is that the adjustment i do have isnt much. the sweep is very small, and i need a little more adjustment as even when pegged the tubes are still set very cold ...

KIESEL Guitars and KSR Amps

GOOD DEALS: bionicmark, diezelduder, mraajr, tehuk, ldm(laura), stratotone, mortega76, sandman, moshaholic, nothingeined, Dimebag11, goldwing68nv, Juggernaut, briango2000, srommes, MetalHead, xkalibur38, sjk, charvelstrat81, gsxrbusa, mudfo0t, Ams2ek, The Traveller, XSSIVE, holy-diver, sevenstringer, guitarnate2000

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 8:08pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

yeah its just a resistor that allows more adjustablity, easy to swap just use that google thing and youll find it...

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 12:11pm 
Supah Stah

MYLILSS wrote:
mine has a bias adjustment ... it is factory. only the original 5150/6505 models didnt come with a bias adjustment from what i understand. the only thing is that the adjustment i do have isnt much. the sweep is very small, and i need a little more adjustment as even when pegged the tubes are still set very cold ...
I've heard the 6505+ bias trim pot has a small sweep, but the one on my JSX makes a noticable difference in power amp tone and performance :confused:
Maybe it's because I'm running EL34's and the 6505+ is 6L6's, so there is more headroom to deal with....

• Marshall JVM 210H
• MESA Trad. 412
• Fulltone OCD
• ISP Decimator
• Schecter, LTD & Fender guitars
• EMG & SD & Dimarzio pickups
• Celestion speakers