6505+ bias adjustment

MYLILSS

i know the original 5150/6505 doesnt have a bias adjustment on it, and people mod that for having one. i know the II/+ models have a bias adjustment but the window of adjustment is very very small. what needs to be done on the 5150II/6505+ in order to get that window to open up ?? a different pot with more adjustability, or does a resistor need to be changed ??

mine has a bias adjustment ... it is factory. only the original 5150/6505 models didnt come with a bias adjustment from what i understand. the only thing is that the adjustment i do have isnt much. the sweep is very small, and i need a little more adjustment as even when pegged the tubes are still set very cold ...

yeah its just a resistor that allows more adjustablity, easy to swap just use that google thing and youll find it...

MYLILSS":9dkaaue9 said:
mine has a bias adjustment ... it is factory. only the original 5150/6505 models didnt come with a bias adjustment from what i understand. the only thing is that the adjustment i do have isnt much. the sweep is very small, and i need a little more adjustment as even when pegged the tubes are still set very cold ...
I've heard the 6505+ bias trim pot has a small sweep, but the one on my JSX makes a noticable difference in power amp tone and performance :confused:
Maybe it's because I'm running EL34's and the 6505+ is 6L6's, so there is more headroom to deal with....

Back