Rig picture with the Les Paul - Video Added!

CaseyCor

Cleaned up the rig today. Don't have all the pedals hooked up, just the Bad Monkey on the floor and a EQ in the loop. No buzz, no shocks now, haha.

a736503b.jpg

Ancient Alien":24la60nu said:
Sounds great and I usually hate Rectos.
Other than the video and YT compression, sounds good.
It's all in the French knot in my hair man, I'm telling ya. Give it a try. Never heard a Rec sound quite like it until I got the knot going. Brings the mids out like nobody's business.

Mindless wanking FTW. I promise I don't always play like that, haha.

I have a lot of trouble playing leads on my LP. I feel like I'm fighting the guitar the entire time. Really bothers me. Makes me want to take this video down.

technomancer":3deko3sf said:
Sounds pretty good. Love the stuff vibrating around in the foreground of the video :LOL: :LOL:
I put my phone in the mesh cupholder of an outdoor folding chair :LOL: :LOL:. Ima do another video today without that bullshit going on, hah.

Ricky Rockhardo":1wv9u1jy said:
how loud do you have the amp running?

Really makes me want to look for a single rec on the cheap.

:rock:
Green channel Master at Noon, and the output was around 8' o clock I think? I was playing at much lower volumes last night, due to being on the phone with a ladyfriend while playing, so I don't recall exactly what my output was on. Master is at noon, always. Seems to be the sweet spot for me.

CaseyCor":2u2ykhn0 said:
I have a lot of trouble playing leads on my LP. I feel like I'm fighting the guitar the entire time. Really bothers me.

Me too. I could never figure out what it was until someone pointed out that the "angle of attack" of the neck to body is setback quite a bit on an LP compared to a Strat style guitar. Guess I'm just a bolt-on kinda guy!

It's not set neck vs. Bolt on for me, as I can shred on my Artcore with a set neck and my 770 with a bolt on just fine. I just can't do the majority of the things I can on those other guitars, and what I can do sounds "off" to me. It just doesn't come out right. I lose all of my speed and accuracy, and the tone isn't there.

Back