NAD

kylendm

Unknowing what to do I sprang into action and shredded the whole box to find...

Tada!

Welcome the Baron Custom Amps Snott Watt to the community. He's a little ****er so let's get things straight.

- Single channel dual gain mode 12BH7 Push/Pull 5 to 7 watt amplifier.

- 100% Tube signal path No Diodes or SS components (**** you Blackstar!)

- 3-12AX7A preamp tubes and 1 12BH7 push/Pull power tube.

- Vintage Gain Mode: Clean to crunch.

- Modern Gain Mode: Crunch to Metal

- Dual gain Controls, Treble boost, gain modes, dry/wet settings.

- Dummy load for use as a preamp and or line out.

I shoved my 6505+ off the Mesa and plugged it in.

This thing as more dynamics than my K88 and responds very well to heavy chords and monstrous playing. Everyone here thought there would be little bass due to the little 12BH7 but trust me this little bitch pushes a load out. No, it's not like the K88 when it comes to low end or the 6505+ but it's there and it's quite big! Trust me if you metal heads wanted an amp that you didn't need to boost to get the most extreme metals this thing will do it fine. You don't need any more gain then 2 o clock either. I boosted it just to hear what it would be like and I just cried from the almighty power of Dave's little beast.

I moved onto the clean/vintage channel. I'm a sucker for blues and it was extremely surprised by how clean it would get even cranked. I like my clean with just a little grit so cranking it all the way and hitting the gain up around 12 o clock just oozed blues territory. I would have liked a little reverb but I'm sure I can find something for that later on. The clean is just so crisp and clear it's amazing.

(also no hate to blackstar, I kinda liked the HT-20)

Clip - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Snott Watt4.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3bcyxvQrw

(The video is pretty accurate to what I hear but the video is definitely brighter sounding.)

i saw this demo that dave posted on his youtube channel. this thing does get down to business :rock:

I don't see this on their site. How much? I'm looking for something small for home use, and this looks like it would fit the bill.

Yeah it's not on the site but I got mine for $650. If you were to get one it could be more or less but it is a great price for a little devil.

Here's a few more pics. (Wish I had better lighting. One florescent light is not very good lighting haha, neither is it good for getting things quiet)

dsc1685p.jpg

dsc1686r.jpg

dsc1687.jpg

dsc1689r.jpg

dsc1691.jpg

WOW these thigns sound awesome .... i think i am in love :D . i know what my next amp purchase is going to be. :thumbsup:

edit: how does the gain on this amp compare to the k88 ??

The k88 is a bit thicker but that's kind of to be expected. This thing has loads of gain and boosted it hits another world.

Just like mine as well, snake skin with blue internal LED's and I must say that it's the best amp I've ever had :rock: :rock:

Back