Foo Fighters Wasting Light amps used-identify the right amp

MSS

????

amp_room.jpg

Thanks. The one in the pic looks like the Base Chopper. Did they use KA amps for guitar too? I see the Custom audio, Fender and the Hiwatt - trying to figure out which amps they used for the raspy overdriven guitar sound.

-Mike

Found on Audio Kitchen site:

After I returned for the Nashville show I managed to get in touch with an engineer called James Brown (via Al Moulder!) who is working on the new Foo Fighters record. A couple of weeks and a few hundred $ in freight later, a Big Chopper, 2x12 and Little Chopper arrived at Studio 606 for the start of tracking.
James has kept me up to date with all the goings on and it seems that the Big Chop in particular has become a firm favourite and Dave has used it to track some of his main guitar parts on lots of the songs. At last count, it was on every song thus far! Here
is a pic Dave tweeted of the amp room.
Apparently the Big Chopper is the only amp which hasn't moved since day one.
I also hear that we are all over the footage they are filming for the documentary...
Stay tuned.

http://www.audiokitchen.co.uk/

The Foos no longer are using Mesa's live. Dave is using a Fender Tone Master and a CAE PT-100 (Peter Thorn amp, no?) live now. Chris is using two Vox Handwired AC30s live. I have no idea what Pat Smear is using, probably his 6505 as usual. They did a garage gig a couple of days ago and I noticed Dave had a Hiwatt setup behind him as well. I know he used to use those in the studio, but I'm not quite sure what it was doing in his live setup. I know he is touring with a backup of the PT and Tone Master.

Back