New Pickup Day (SP Custom Pickups content)

Helldunkel

Been waiting for these pickups for ages, finally they arrived at my front door! - The "Helldunkel's"

So here is my NPD :)

These are handmade in France by a small artisan, and these pickups are the result of a close collaboration between him and me...

I'm going to take some quality pictures and post them later, but for now, enjoy these :)

photo888.jpg

photo889.jpg

photo890.jpg

photo891p.jpg

photo892z.jpg

photo893w.jpg

university81":3513xjdw said:
grats =0 look really nice, the demos i've seen of their stuff sound good too

Sp Custom Pickups is effectively a one man operation, namely Jérémy Begoin :)

He also has a background in metal work, this is why he has an incredible creative potential when it comes to various finishes and distressed looks...

There is a huge official topic about his work over at guitariste.com, his forum name is "bongo" here is the link:

http://www.guitariste.com/forums/accessoires-et-lutherie,sp-custom-pickups,259516.html

His pickups are indeed highly regarded by many players and luthiers, but since he is a small artisan, he is mostly known from mouth to mouth which is why most of you may not know about this brand...

Trust me, his work is so good, that it puts to shame a lots of the stuff which you can currently find on the mainstream :thumbsup:

Ok here are some high quality pictures which I was able to take today, still not 100% satisfied so I will have another go tomorrow after work, enjoy :)

photo899.jpg

photo900d.jpg

photo902h.jpg

photo904p.jpg

photo906u.jpg

photo913e.jpg

photo914x.jpg

For fun, a "helldunkel" picture :D

omaticy.jpg

They look pretty cool hope you like them. What are you putting them in? Helldunkel sounds like a combination of two beer styles, did they come with any free brew ?

snowdog":yivgg939 said:
Helldunkel sounds like a combination of two beer styles, did they come with any free brew ?

haha indeed!

But its actually the german translation for "Chiaroscuro" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaroscuro

snowdog":yivgg939 said:
They look pretty cool hope you like them. What are you putting them in?

These pickups are to be given to the happy winner of the Hufschmid Helldunkel contest which ends the 10th of August...

You could also receive them at your front door if you enter and win this contest... :D

BTW Paul Wardingham is judging this contest... ;)

Ok here is my final attempt to try capturing the looks of the distressed tops...

This was tough but I tried my best :)

96951693.jpg

74021311.jpg

67702753.jpg

64566381d.jpg

love that lead sound. super vocal and "wet rag cleaning glass squeak" comes to mind...lovely!

i might have to check into these Pups. i def know i want a nailbomb a5 to slap in one of my Lesters.

wonder where i could put this one!

you can also find new ones on ebay fairly cheap from reputable sellers.

I have been talking to Jeremy for the last month or so trying to organize a sale. I'm having trouble as there is a language barrier.

I really want to Try an sp as he does some things no one else does and his pickups should sound totally unique for it.

This thread has me fumbling with the French order form again!

moltenmetalburn":1h9472v5 said:
I have been talking to Jeremy for the last month or so trying to organize a sale. I'm having trouble as there is a language barrier.

I really want to Try an sp as he does some things no one else does and his pickups should sound totally unique for it.

There is no language barrier, his english is perfect...

However, you are not the only person who is complaining about his lack of communication :(

Because believe me those pickups are fantastic!

moltenmetalburn":5vrs3jyk said:

Hi !

I'm Jeremy from Sp Custom pickups, I've been warned by Patrick that you had troubles contacting me ;)

That's right I'm not the fastest Emailer and i sometime need times to answer tons of emails but it's not (only ^^ ) because I'm a lazy guy but because I have a lot of work actually (no hollydays this summer for me :doh: ).

Anyway , if I missed one of your messages or if there was any technicomputing problems when replying you, i'm really sorry ;)

I appreciate so much the amazing work we made with Huschfmid to create his Helldunkel signature pickups that you can be sure I'll do my best to built and sell billions ;)

Back