Suhr sl 67

prvv

With the amp in varic mode it's only pushing 20-25 watts? Dies this mean at home in varic mode
I can use a 1x12? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Like a greenback 1x12? Yes, I use a g12-65 with a 100w Einstein without a varic. I don't turn up the master very far and I've never blown anything.

If you use a 25 w greenback by itself with the master dimed and the amp in variac mode, I am not sure that would be the safest way to go. It might be ok for a while. Seems like you would want to be safer with the speaker. But, probably best to let John chime in.

You did not mention the speaker your using. I have heard you should use 2 times the wattage on speakers over the amp. 25 watt amp would be safe to dime on a 50 + watt speaker/s. If you are not diming the amp when it is in variac mode, nice room volume, you should be ok with a 25 watt speaker. I have a Heritage. I believe it is a 30 watt speaker and I have been playing my Carvin X100B at 25 watts for about 4 years and have no problems. Yes, a Carvin. :gethim:

Use a creamback or something... You can even run the amp at 50w and still be fine. Unless you turn it all the way up... That will put out more than 50w i think

Back