Feedback values?

itsme

Since the Suhr Feedback knob controls the amount of negative feedback, does anyone have the approximate values of the knob in it's rotation? For instance, the center detent at 5, is that typical Marshall level? It'd be nice to know that 2 = approximate plexi level, 3 = approx Bogner, 5 = JCM 800, 7 = Rectifier, etc. I'm sure with the level of amp tech intelligence on forums, that someone could figure this out? I love the idea, but I feel like I fight with this knob and would like to understand it better...

I wouldn't go too crazy with it. Turning it clockwise(adding more resistance) will make the amp tighter and more aggressive. Counter clockwise saggier, more vintage feeling. It would be difficult to compare it to other amps since each circuit is different. There is only so much resistance you can add in the NFB loop without having the amp become unstable. Typically 100K is about as high as you would want to go. Maybe a little more depending on the circuit. If I were to guess the pot and possibly resistor has a range between 27K and 100K.

Back